XFX 8200 Mobo & Ultra E Torque ATX Mid Tower Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

layitdown33

I have an Ultra E-Torque ATX Mid-Tower Case. I was wondering if any of you could give me some assistance.

I am having a problem connecting the front power and led to the mobo an XFX 8200.

Although I am having problems connecting the cables, I did manage to connect everything get the cpu and every thing to power up, using the power button on the front panel. This is the goal but the same power button isnt working properly to turn the machine off. So Im thinking that I dont have the cables hooked up correctly to the mobo.
I did read on Tiger direct where I purchased the case in a recent review that the cables arent color coded correctly. So connection has been a problem. I would of contacted the person that posted that but there is no way to do so. I am not knowledgeable enough about pcs to figure this out with out possibly causing massive damage because this is my first build and I was wondering if you can give me some assistance in getting my machine powered up correctly.

I hope someone can aid me in my quest to get my machine running correctly.
Im running a duel vid card.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...?EdpNo=3433320&csid=ITD&body=MAIN#detailspecs

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3939759&CatId=3699

Thanks.

I have the same case; the cables are actually pretty simple and can't really cause any kind of massive damage. Basically, your mobo's manual should have a diagram of where each front panel cable is attached to the pins on the motherboard. This includes the power switch, reset button, main LED, and Hard Disk LED. The cable heads and pins are usually labeled and it's just a matter of finding positive [+] and negative [-] connections. Again, your motherboard manual should have a diagram. You can really just screw around with the wires until everything works, the worst that could happen is that it doesn't...

Is it a bad Idea to be switching these cables around with the power on to see what does what? Or should I disconnect all power every time I open the enclosure?

You should be getting some type of video out of the mobo unless it doesn't feature any integrated GPU. If you have a dedicated graphics adapter installed you may have to set it in BIOS for it to work correctly. Also, make sure that you have sufficient power to the graphics card(s) and that the fans (if any) are spinning. A lot of newer cards will display a BIOS version of their own just before POST screen so that you know it's working correctly. Do you see this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back