Xp Fatal System error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya Im hoping someone can help me, Im running windows xp pro: :confused:ok,
Firstly i shutdown my pc in the correct manner, when i restarted it again i had no desktop theme, Then it displayed blue and yellow boxes,:(sayng ure computer is infected with spyware-however im running McAfee Complete 2008 and this has detected nothing? Now i have active desktop recovery displaying and no desktop icons, Ive tried restoring my desktop through the on screen box that appears in the centre ofthe screen, but no success, And now it wont shut down properly, after windows logs out the wee tune plays my screen goes black-then bue with stop: c000021a Fatal System error, windows logon process system terminated unexpectdly with system shut down, and does nothing?:mad::mad: Its problem central here so any help at all is totally appreciated, However if i can do this without a complete reinstall or format, Coz when i got my pc from Dell it had windows xp pro, and Microsoft Interactive training Workshop pre installed, Is there any way to fix this mess without losing my installed data and personal files, :) A step by step guide would be appreciated,
x

* Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
  • Come back here to this thread and Attach the log in txt format your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back