XP thinks I'm in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiva64

Hi,
Had problems which i've been rectifying with help on this forum. Now i need extra help as the solutions so far have caused further problems.

1, Windows starts normal but when i try to start a cd game or install a software cd - message comes up either "can't delete, install or run in safe mode. Only sign that i could be in safemode is the task bar being in a beige colour rather than blue.

2, I'v tried editing hklm/policies/software/windows/ installer to 0. That didn't work.

3, Windows media won't play anything as it says that there's a problem with the sound device or it might not be installed. Even though it is.

4, Tried to install registry cleaning software to try and fix the problem, but I get message "system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".

I decided that i would do a clean reinstall of xp but can't as xp says i'm in safe mode.

I seriously do think that you should try the last restore point just in case your computer didnt like combofix.

Its worth a shot anyway.

If your able to download,

: Download and Run DSS

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<- this one will be minimized.
  • Attach the main.txt and the extra.txt in your reply.

This is a good scanner to see most of whats going on in your system.

I'll try, i'm just installing avg anti-virus because i deleted Avast because it just wasn't starting.

dss scan

Hi,
please find dss logs attached. Hope you find something. Please note in processes i noticed teatimer was running even though spybot had been switched of so i turned it off maualy before this scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back