Yahoo email becoming a problem, what's better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

I liked the Yahoo email of a couple years ago - simple to use,
once you're signed in to Yahoo it was just 1 click to the inbox where all your
incoming emails were listed.

Now I have to go thru 2 or 3 screens to get to the actual inbox, they're
trying to make it so darn fancy and all they're doing is complicating it
and making it more of an annoyance than anything. There's windows for
reviews, windows with suggestions for Connections, windows with lists of
recent messages from someone they seem to pick at random from my Contacts, all that crap that I don't need or want. And then when I finally
do get drilled down thru all that to the inbox, then it says there's a problem
and to check back later but I have found that if I wait 10 seconds or so then
the inbox finally comes up.

I have successfully blocked nearly all the pop up ads and spam using several spam & pop-up blockers, etc, so that isn't a problem. All I want is my inbox.

Someone recently suggested Gmail - is that secure? Any annoying problems with it? Easy to use? Appreciate any specific into from users
with experience with Gmail.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Never Mind. When I saw it was tied into Google and you have to have a Google account, I want no part of it! Google is an intrusive, pervasive invader of individual's personal information, communication, etc etc. NO THANKS! I use Scroogle Scraper for just that reason.

Yahoo Mail Classic

I, too, have been using Yahoo Mail for years, in addition to the address from my ISP. And like macx, I have found the new Yahoo mail to be annoying.

Have you tried switching your settings back to Yahoo Mail Classic? I have found it to be basically the same old interface that we've been using for years. Yes, they have aded some sort of "home page" onto which they list some of the mail and other things. But you can simply click on the left to go to your Inbox.

The only annoyance I've noticed lately is sometimes it acts weird with IE 8. After composing a reply to a message and clicking send, the reply screen will present itself again but without the message I just composed. However upon checking the Sent folder, a copy of my reply is there and the message was sent.

I recommend switching to Yahoo Mail Classic, as NC10992 mentioned. I can't tolerate the new Yahoo! Mail stuff.

Gmail really is where it's at, but switching email addresses can be hard. If all you want is inbox, though, seriously check out Gmail. You might want to look at some screenshots of what you'll get. Gmail also organizes all replies into "conversations," so instead of having 80 billion "Re:" messages, you just have one title with a chronological tracking of the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back