Yellow triangle w/ exclamation point

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbabyboii

What should I do? I have the yellow triangle with the exclamation point. And my windows will not open in normal mode?

thread moved from Introduce yourself

In Safe Mode please locate and remove uesiuqcr.exe from your Windows folder

Then restart to normal mode

If you still cannot get to Normal mode
Back in Safe Mode, run MSCONFIG and put it in Diagnostic Mode then restart, allowing Login to Normal mode

Once in Normal mode, follow this proceedure:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

it wont let me

it wont let me it comes up with a message "cannot delete uesiuqcr: access is denied. make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. what do i do now

You could go to Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) to close the specific process by right clicking on it, then selecting End Task

Then try to delete it

Otherwise just Start-> Run-> MSCONFIG

And put it in Diagnostic mode
We need to get you back to Normal Mode !

it wont let me go to diagnostic mode.. it still makes me load into safe mode.....

it did let me in diagnostic mode but it still wont let me start in normal mode.. it makes me go to safe mode

I see

Well this Virus has really caused some damage

You can use a CD such as The Ultimate BootCD to boot up and back up your data
And then Re-install Windows
Install all Drivers, and security updates
And then install AntiVirus and update it
Then return your backup

Or

You can remove your HardDrive and plug it into another computer as a secondary drive (not main drive of course)
And then do a full AntiVirus and Spyware scan on it (plus backup too)
Then return the drive, and hopefully it will run

If you have system restore on you can do that in safe mode. Try to go to a date before you were having any problems. It may be you are SOL but dont give up so easily.

Why use Ctrl,Alt,Del ?

it wont let me in the alt + ctrl + del... it says the admistator has disabled it what now

My Title answer is : ?
My ?'s are,
What device in Device Manager is it ?
What device doesn't work ?
Attach a sshot of your Hardware/Device Manager and yellow entry.
:confused:
How many use this computer ?

tbabyboii

Click to go to this post. Look at step 4 and follow the directions to install/run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I've seen it fix this file problem before. Hopefully it can fix your instance as well.

Afterward, i'd recommend starting at step 1 and go through it all as you have been infected.

zipperman
There may be more then one issue here. The yellow icon referred to is certainly driver related. But OP's hijackthis and file issues indicate infection which need be addressed first

Rule broken then

tbabyboii

Click to go to this post. Look at step 4 and follow the directions to install/run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. I've seen it fix this file problem before. Hopefully it can fix your instance as well.

Afterward, i'd recommend starting at step 1 and go through it all as you have been infected.

zipperman
There may be more then one issue here. The yellow icon referred to is certainly driver related. But OP's hijackthis and file issues indicate infection which need be addressed first

Just 1 topic for each post.
I am addressing the one in the title.
It would be nice to get answers to my ?'s
tbabyboii :confused:

im trying the malwarebytes thing

im not to smart with computers.. so my questions are.. how come my computer wont start in normal mode only safe mode.. what is the yellow triangle w/ exclamation point.. i dont know what device it is that im having a problem with.. what do you want to see in my device manager. and 2 people use this computer myself and my fiancee.. i hope that answers your questions.

zipperman
  1. Someone new to the forums (let alone unfamiliar with computers) may say one thing (cuz that's how it appears to them) but mean another
  2. Yellow exclamation point in the title and hijackthis log in the body. In your opinion, did you respond to one or two topics?
  3. Do you give priority to removing malware/virus infections (which can be the root cause of many other problems) or do you focus on a missing driver (which we know may be the result of a virus infection anyway)
  4. Is it better for OP to get clear directions from some one or one(s) helping on a definite problem or better the OP get directions from two different people giving directions on different issues and pulling attention off to two different directions?
  5. And finally, with all that said, take a closer look at the title in that first post. And before jumping to conclusions, let's see the answer to my next post

im not to smart with computers.. so my questions are.. how come my computer wont start in normal mode only safe mode.. what is the yellow triangle w/ exclamation point.. i dont know what device it is that im having a problem with.. what do you want to see in my device manager. and 2 people use this computer myself and my fiancee.. i hope that answers your questions.
No worries as to how familiar you are with computers. We'll try to guide you through. To answer some of your questions
  • You show signs of a malware infection. Windows safemode only starts a minimal set of things (so you can't run many of your normal programs in safe mode. But the idea is that hopefully viruses or just poorly written programs causing problems won't get started in the minimal startup either, so one can, hopefully, get a chance to fix the problem.
  • Could you clarify: are you seeing the yellow exclamation point after you open and look inside of device manager? Or is it something that keeps popping up on your main screen and saying you are infected with Spyware? Or is it something else?

the yellow exclamation point is gone.

since i have been running malware anti-malware ive stopped it a couple of times to get rid of some of the stuff so i can see if i can start my computer normal.. well after i did that the first time the yellow triangle with the exclamation point has not popped back up.

ok i have opened device manager what should i do now. because my computer still will not let me start in normal mode.

it worked

it worked im back into normal mode again.. now im going to go and do the anti spyware and the rest of your checklist.. thank you so much you dont know how much this means to me..

1. Look the things listed in device manager. Do you see any yellow exclamation points? or question marks in device manager?
  2. When you first posted a yellow exclamation point, where did you see that appear? Was it inside of device manager? or did is simply pop up along with some message on the monitor?

I;d suggest you try running through all the steps in https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109461.html in sequence including re-running the Anti-Malware program you just ran (when it gets there).

I think (tho not 100%) that you should be able to do all steps (except maybe step1) while in safe mode. By the way, what antivirus do normally use?

/**** edit ******
BRAVO!!:grinthumb

the yellow triangle w/ exclamation point came up just randomly on the taskbar at the bottom and would never go away.. but since i ran malware it has not reappeared.. there are no yellow exclamation points in device manager nor question marks.. it was just a popup at the bottom.. and i am going to continue those steps and finish what i started.. i was using AVG.. but found out that it wasnot that good.. it wouldnt pick up very many things.. again thank you so much.. it is greatly appreciated

I can suggest this.. boot up in safe mode (or normal mode), click start, select all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore, select a restore point back to when the computer was working correctly ( if possible), click restore, follow instructions on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back