Your account has been disabled... bla bla

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4g3d

To cut a long story short.,,,

See this video of my problem...
(type youtube address then forward slash... watch?v=AM_XzvgMAJQ

Basically you see me tapping the left mouse button constantly? If i dont that admin box which appears does not appear and its hidden and laptop does not load up to desktop. Where as if i constantly click on the mouse then it brings the box infront and im able to press OK

The box says...
YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DISABLED. PLEASE SEE YOUR SYSTEM ADMIN

Now the reason its saying this is because i installed some HP software for my wireless printer. I since deleted it as it gave me alot of issues including creating its own user account for xp. I tried deleting it and doing a system restore and to my surprise i get admin login when i load the laptop up. However ive now got to the stage (see above video) i obv dont want to keep tapping this button to get my laptop to work. Also after that you see i have to click my name to login? i didnt have to do that before? Can anyone please tell me how to get it to the state where i dont need to do anything it just all loads up itself to desktop? I mean my user account is set as ADMIN too.

helpppp driving me totally crazy.

Firstly go to Control Panel -->Users
And confirm that you do not have any password set, on any account

Next click:
Start-->Run-> control userpasswords2
Tick the box "users must bla bla bla..."
Click on your user account
Untick the box
Click apply
Click ok (for the next windows that opens)
Then click ok

Restart

Thank you very much for that! It took me hours trying to work it out. I actually done the steps you mentioned before but it asked me for a password and ive always typed it in. However as you mentioned leave it blank and click ok and it done the trick. Once again thanks alot!

Slight prob now though... when xp loads to my desktop it stalls, i can see my background but no icons no start button...ect is displayed and it stays frozen like that for atleast 5 minutes then it loads up eventually. No restore points work anymore and so im left abit stuck....again.. sorry

Must take what 7 or 8 minutes. Before was under 2 minutes.

Just used DELL's HDD utility and memory utility to check for errors and it passed with flying colours.

Just upgraded my zonealarm antivirus and disabled it and just downloaded AVG free and running it as i speak now. Found over 50 tracking cookies but no threats. Also ran Ccleaner.

Running SP2 on xp

Anything else i can try?

Hardware test for hard drive. Symptoms resemble recovery from bad sectors. Run chkdsk with all options on, defragment drive if it passes not if it doesn't.

I ran chkdsk and it didnt report errors.

Just waiting for my AVG to finish its scan (1 hour 45 mins gone and 65k files scanned so far) guessing not long left!!!

Will defragment drive after and report back

Many thanks

Ok

Seems better but still longer than usual.

Gets to the xp loading personal settings screen and hangs for 30 seconds. Gets to desktop at 1 minute 25 seconds but its not till 4 minutes is up when everything is fully loaded. ie.. if i click anything when it gets to the desktop in 1 minuted 25 seconds it wont work till 4 minutes.

Ive ran AVG like i said above for 3 hours nearly!! and disk defrag took 45 mins (even tho my 80gb hdd is 75% FREE!!!)

why does it take so long? more to point what can i do to speed it up more as it was faster a few days back. I mean the laptop had fresh instal of xp about a month ago and ive got what 10 programs installed on it tops.

cheers

Please do all of the following

Just upgraded my zonealarm antivirus and disabled it
Please uninstall ZoneAlarm (remember it's free)

Download and run CCleaner.
CCleaner will remove all temp files (not required) on your system

Bootvis may help

Once installed, click on Trace->Optimize System->Restart->Wait again (but don't click anything until it's finished optimizing (can take 5 to 10 mins to complete)

Restart, is it still the same?

I started by running bootvis as you said. But missed out deleting zonealarm i have the security suite version not the free version you see.

Right... It now gets to desktop in 56 seconds But my net doesnt auto connect till 3 mins 30 seconds. Which i can handle i guess. I also deleted MSN+CFTCOM+MS OFFICE and a couple other files from startup. But that bootvis is very good.

Thanks for all your help

Run msconfig and look for sofware starting that does not need to start. Much software will, unless you find out how to stop it, call home all the time, and if there is no internet connection, or a denied connection, they take some time to give up.

Many, many things that are almost universally installed do this. Real player, java runtime, quicktime, anti-viruses, adobe reader, zonealarm, MS net, many HP printer drivers, a few other drivers, and so on ad infinitum. Most can be stopped from continually checking for updates, but some cannot - for instance I have never found out how to stop quicktime.

ZoneAlarm has been mentioned as conflicting in unfortunate ways with other software (viz RayBay), but is normally ok if installed while anti-virus and so forth is disabled. The trick is download, disconnect internet, disable everything else, then install. Reboot. Many Sematec products are just awful memory and processor hogs, but there are so many dfferent products it is difficult to be specific. All the things mentioned are regularly changed and more often than not, the new version is a buggy as before (just different bugs !), hence it is difficult to know when an update is a good or a bad idea....I tend to keep the old things running long after they have been superceded because I know the version I am on is ok with everything else...

No it's not that.
ZoneAlarm has this really annoying feature on some network cards (the actual drivers) to wait and wait and wait, and then load the network driver.

After testing this myself on a computer, doing similar issues.
And removing every startup there was, including Windows startups, and even non relevant programs. The trick was, to remove Zone Alarm.

Here's the idea
Backup your licence, remove Zone Alarm, and test
When it works, contact Zone Alarm, and tell them to fix the issue. (or just add to the thousands of others asking too)

Thanks for the interesting replies.

Can i start by saying that when i reformated my laptop a month ago, I installed zonealarm first. As i say my laptop used to boot up very fast with zonealarm on there! The only time my boot up speed changed was when i installed my HP printer software and drivers for my wireless all in 1. Ive since disabled my HP progs on startup. I will however do what you say at some point but as its running acceptable now i it gets worse i shall do what youve suggested.

Many thanks though for the help on this. Great forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back