Your computer has been infected with a dangerous virus error message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently and very stupidly downloaded something through a video of 20/20 i was trying to watch. It installed and when i went to use internet explorer or anything on my computer i received an error box that said "your computer has been infected with a dangerous virus" and then went on to suggest i download some product to remove the spyware. I didn't click on it but it somehow DLed IE advantage. After spyware doctor detected a trojan and deleted it but still didn't fix the problem, I did some research and thought i have the bho.cvx virus. I ran hijackthis and let it fix all the bho problems which seemed to fix the pop ups. I then re-ran spyware doctor and it got rid of the IEAdvantage fake spyware remover.

I still think there may be other problems with my computer or other files I should have hijackthis fix but did not want to touch anything else without someone who actually knows what they are doing advising me. I have attached the 2nd hijackthis log after my bho removal and 2nd spydoctor scan. Please advise on any other problems and how I can fix them as I am not that great with computers! Thanks.

Hi an9380,

Welcome to Techspot!

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM or SAS log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of an9380 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back