Your computer is infected! - Another one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I saw in some other threads that I should start a new one for my problem. I apologize if that's not the case but it's done...

I've also been getting the pop-up saying "Your computer is infected!" However, when it does not open anything when it is clicked on. It sounds like this is somewhat malicious but I have not experienced any performance dropoff. I'd just like to get rid of it because it is annoying and distracting.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi billdoajb, :wave:

I need you to follow all the steps HERE and then post back with the three requested logs as attachments
  • AVG antispyware
  • ComboFix
  • Hijackthis (step 15)

Dont forget to make sure that AVG is set to quarantine the results, that HJT is the last step and to let us know the results of the antirootkit scan.

Good luck and welcome to techspot.

This thread is for the use of billdoajb only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

So far so good

I just wanted to let you know that I got about halfway through the process on the link you gave to me to another posting in the forums about getting rid of the malware and other stuff and my problem seems to be gone. No sign of it since my post yesterday. I'll probably go through the rest when I have time this weekend, but I just wanted to say thanks in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back