Your computer is infected! Windows has detected Spyware infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please! this is the popup message i get on my computer at the moment, coupled with a red 'x' in the bottom right corner. Norton Internet security is also not running and does not open if i click on it. Google does not function properly either, with every search link directing me to some random page.

This problem seems quite common although i cant find a recent guide in what to do to get rid of it.

Scanning with XoftSpySe did not solve the problem.

i tried to download those, but the problem is that any links that i click on lead nowhere and just go to the standard 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'. I'm thinking this is also part of the malware problem.

How exactly can i get to these downloads another way?!

Oh, you have web broswer hijacking as well!! Wonderful!! You'll have to go to the Downloads section of this web site and manually look up the 3 anti-spyware programs I listed. There is no other way.

Best,
-- Andy

You can also go here and follow the cleaning directions:
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

This will take you though the process of disabling Real Times protection, updating Java if needed, running the malware programs and attaching the logs. We will then check the logs and direct you for additional removal.

IF you need help attaching the logs, please see this:
How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT>
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic19133.html

thanks for the replies but to no avail.

almcneil... the only way to get those 3 antispyware programmes was to download them on my uninfected laptop, then transfer them onto my infected computer. However, it couldnt get the latest updates as my computer cannot access the internet. I still managed to run outdated adaware and AVG but neither found anything. Spybot does not install in safe or regular mode so couldnt use. I also ran malwarebytes which found nothing.

bobbye... i cannot carry out those 8 steps to the letter because not only cannot i not get into Norton to disable it, but i cannot access the interent properly to download the latest updates for any antispyware.

all in all, i'm about ready to smash it in with a hammer and get a newer model and take greater care with security. I am loathe to pay £50 for a company to reformat a computer thats 4 years old and creaking a bit anyway, when i could just get a newer & better computer on arbico for £190.

what annoys me is that i pay for something like Norton Internet security and it consistently doesnt stop these things from infecting my computer (thats 3 proper infections in the past 18 months)... and its not as if i even download things using any filesharing sites.

Anyway, plan 1 will be to just give it to the techs at my dad's programming company and let them play around with it and either fix or reformat it (if i think its worth the hassle).

Plan 2 will be a new computer.

...Unless anyone has some fantastic new idea for getting rid of this? or failing that, knows where the people live that created this spyware??

but i cant download or update the latest spyware programmes like adware or spybot etc so i cant do those 8 steps.

but i cant download or update the latest spyware programmes like adware or spybot etc so i cant do those 8 steps.

Yes you can. You wrote in an earlier post you have another laptop that you can download them. Make sure you also download the associated updates files for each since you can't download on the infected computer.

Here's the lsit again:

• AVG 8.0
  • Ad-Aware 2008
  • Spybot Search & Destroy

Best,
-- Andy

Do not download any programs, other than the 8step program

If anything Malwarebytes is the best
And Avira outperforms AVG on both Resource and reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back