Your Privacy

cliffordcooley

If ever I am browsing and confronted by the following popup. I will close the tab and not look back. It does bother me though because there doesn't seem to be enough people doing the same. These sites would stop this if everyone stopped visiting.

Privacy.png

In the UK, this is now a legal requirement for websites to declare what your data is used for, how it is stored, etc. They’re not going to go away any time soon, in the UK at least.

If ever I am browsing and confronted by the following popup. I will close the tab and not look back. It does bother me though because there doesn't seem to be enough people doing the same. These sites would stop this if everyone stopped visiting.

View attachment 85846
Ok, if I click on it, & yes I have many times, what should I expect? PLEASE, don't use big words, just curious.

The image in my first comment was a popup that blocked access to the site. The only way passed the popup was to click the accept button. There were no other options to continue to the site. They are strong arming people in accepting cookies (and by doing so tracking) in order to view the content on their site.

Yes, I have seen them also & usually just click ok or accept just to continue.I didn't read every word from the link I posted, just curious is all, thanks.

Yes, I have seen them also & usually just click ok or accept just to continue.I didn't read every word from the link I posted, just curious is all, thanks.
I usually just accept as well! Which I guess we shouldn't accept as something we just do because who knows what they do with the cookies and information from tracking!

By just clicking something without reading the fine print is a habit they are training you to do without thinking. Fair enough for people who don't value their privacy. They deserve what they get but the rest of us see this blind acceptance as the thin end of a wedge between our free will and what big business and oppressive governments want to force feed us with.

I got one yesterday and as usual I explore what they're trying to get away with. There seemed to be a way to choose what to share but once you clicked through all the options, there were no actual options other than Accept. I closed the tab.

Other websites I've gone to actually allow you to share nothing (assuming you trust their mechanism of course).

Back