"Your system is running low on resources"

DKRON

Has anyone found a way to set a fix in group policy to stop this error, like e.g make a command that when a user shuts the lid of the laptop it will log off user and stop collecting resources. Would love to find a fix for this

What are your pagefile settings ? Make the pagefile about 1.5 times the RAM size, with max and min both the same figure.

I don't exactly want to be changing 30+ laptops settings, we just have that anoying problem of kids just shutting the lid and then having to tell the next person to restart because of that error

I don't exactly want to be changing 30+ laptops settings, we just have that anoying problem of kids just shutting the lid and then having to tell the next person to restart because of that error

If you don't want to try to fix the problem then why post here?

when a user shuts the lid of the laptop it will log off user
That should not occur - - check the system OEM options associated with Close Lid;
usually they are Nothing, StandBy, & Hibernate. Getting that to work ma avoid your resource usage :)

That should not occur - - check the system OEM options associated with Close Lid;
usually they are Nothing, StandBy, & Hibernate. Getting that to work ma avoid your resource usage :)

You may have missed what the poster wants. It is currently NOT logging off when the lid is closed, but he WANTS it to, and he wants to set it as a group policy as well....

thank you gbhall, i am in a school enviroment and we only want to use group policy because we have everything else running through it

Have you done this yet ? Seems there is Policies, administrative templates, System, power management, button settings, option 'select the lid switch action' and choose 'shutdown'

Back