Zone alarm preventing amazon images

stansfield

Zone alarm is blocking images in amazon. (images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com).
Have tried various settings and changes in the firewall to try to allow but unsuccessful.
Can anyone give me the specific setting to unblock?

I use a firewall for various security reasons which are obvious to any security minded pc user and because I find the windows firewall is inferior and less configurable than a third party one. Believe it or not, I also use an AV program and an anti-ransomware blocker! I don't really see what this has to do with my question.
Oh! I also use an anti key logger. I have financial stuff on my pc which I wish to keep secure. Is that OK?
If you can't answer my question which it appears so then please forget this thread!

"I use a firewall for various security reasons which are obvious to any security minded pc user and because I find the windows firewall is inferior and less configurable than a third party one. Believe it or not, I also use an AV program and an anti-ransomware blocker! I don't really see what this has to do with my question.
Oh! I also use an anti key logger. I have financial stuff on my pc which I wish to keep secure. Is that OK?
If you can't answer my question which it appears so then please forget this thread!"

Wow! An unbelievably closed minded and aggressive response. It's full of holes but arguing with an ***** is never productive.

What do you expect when I ask a perfectly reasonable question about a firewall and instead of getting a reasonable and constructive response I am asked why I am using a 3rd party firewall!!!! Don't think its me who is the ***** round here!

I can't help with Zonealarm settings as I have never used it, but it has been noticed that certain of the latest advert 'blockers' are being detected by some websites, which then blocks the images from being shown.
So that the answer is to turn off the 'blocker' program on that particular site, to be able to see the images.
Obviously the advertising does pay for the upkeep of those sites, it's a trade off that we have to deal with.
But I can't say one way or the other if that is happening in this case.

Thanks Mike for a sensible answer. It's not the ad-blocker doing it but the firewall and not really practicable to turn off the firewall when using amazonevery time. The images have a separate source from the main page and will persevere and find a suitable setting on zone alarm. Thanks for your response

Back