Zotac adds new Mini-ITX board with USB 3.0

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Zotac has announced a new mini-ITX motherboard that should provide a solid foundation for a new HTPC or ultra-compact desktop. The H55ITX-C-E adds USB 3.0 to the existing H55ITX-A-E board, and supposedly features an enhanced power delivery system that improves temperature management and long-term reliability.

The company says it sees a trend where gamers are shifting to smaller form factor systems, but still demand the high-end processing and graphics power -- and that's precisely where the H55ITX-C-E is aimed. Gamers can build a complete small form factor system with an Intel Core i7 8xx CPU and Nvidia GTX 400 series GPU.

Besides support for LGA1156 chips and a PCIe 2.0 graphics card, the motherboard can house up to 8GB of RAM via two DDR3 memory slots and it features six SATA II ports, one eSATA connector, six USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports on the rear panel, HDMI and DVI outputs, gigabit Ethernet, and an onboard 802.11n Wi-Fi dongle.

Zotac didn't mention when its latest board will ship, or how much it'll cost. For what it's worth, the H55ITX-A-E seems to be priced at around $130.

Permalink to story.

That is one tiny board!!! But I love seeing these b/c next year I'm planning on building a HTPC to go with my new HDTV :D.

Unfortunately this board in its previous incarnation is known for numerous stability issues and personally, I'm not a fan of the CPU socket placement for these H55 ITX motherboards. I'm using a Zotac GF9300-D-E and I do love it besides its limited (only two) SATA slots, so I hope many of the issues I and others have encountered will be taken care of. Until then, that discontinued DFI P55 ITX board ftw, though Asus just made that AMD ITX board that is really nice...

nice...really nice...thats just awesome! a tiny computer with more power then mine...im building one of those eventually!

Back