Zotac's RTX 3000 Ampere lineup looks to have leaked

onetheycallEric

Staff
Rumor mill: Nvidia's upcoming Ampere-based GeForce graphics cards have been one of the company's most leaked launches in recent memory. And, it seems just before Nvidia's upcoming GeForce event, the ship continues to leak.

The most recent leak is brought to us courtesy of Zotac, who appears to have briefly listed several of its GeForce graphics cards based on Ampere. The leak, along with some renders, were spotted by a pair of Twitter users.

Twitter user SfdxShow shared some renders of what appear to be Zotac's RTX 3080 and 3090 models. According to the listings, these look to be the Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity Holo, and the RTX 3080 Trinity Holo. These particular SKUs might be Zotac's flagship cards.

Compared to the leaked Founder's Edition card we previously saw, the RTX 3090 Trinity Holo appears to have similar dimensions, replete with a triple-fan cooling solution that could very well occupy three slots. The images suggest that Zotac's RTX 3080 Trinity Holo will sport a similar cooling solution.

The renders may not be showing us the final power connector either. We know Nvidia's FE cards will use a 12-pin connector, oriented vertically on the PCB as to save space. However, some AIB partners may opt for something more traditional, or make use of a pair of 8-pin connectors rather than a single 12-pin.

These types of connectors will likely only be reserved for Ampere's upper end silicon (RTX 3090/3080), as those GPUs are rumored to come with a TGP (Total Graphics Power) of 350W and 320W, respectively. Elsewhere in Zotac's leaked lineup there's also the RTX 3070, with at least two different SKUs. There's also additional RTX 3090 and 3080 SKUs that will belong to Zotac's Amp Extreme and Trinity product lines.

We won't have to wait long to get official information on GeForce RTX Ampere, as Nvidia has widely publicized a GeForce event that's scheduled for next Tuesday, September 1st.

Permalink to story.

The top picture actually does show the power connectors: 3x8 pin.

Has Zotac put out a 3x8 pin RTX card before? Or, is this a render of their top of the line 3090?

So what games will these cards be playing ?
more quake from the 90s ?
Its like having a sports car when there isnt any roads to drive it on to take advantage of the speed.

Has Zotac put out a 3x8 pin RTX card before?
Possibly not Zotac, but there have been graphics cards in the past that had three 8 pin connectors (all dual GPU ones). With the 3090 purported to have a peak power draw of 350 W, using two 8 pins (and the PCIe slot itself) would only give 25 W of headroom. This way, there's plenty spare.

I'm mostly curious to see if the rumors of 3080 AIB cards will have a 20GB variant are true.
Other than cost, there's no reason why it can't: GDDR6X, like GDDR6 before it, has two separate 16 bit data buses. So although each memory controller has a fixed 32 bit bus, two DRAM chips can be connected to it, using the split bus mode.

I'm mostly curious to see if the rumors of 3080 AIB cards will have a 20GB variant are true.
It'll be very frustrating if so, cos the 10gb 3080 will be the "affordable" one but I'd imagine the 20gb version will have better resale value a few years down the line.

Three 8 pin power connectors and a three slot dimension. Congrats Nvidia you've just gone full on sli in one video card without the performance gains to match.

Paying over a grand to get more frames when you already get over 100 .
people with a 1080ti have no reason at all to upgrade.
software is behind the hardware there is just no need for faster cards.

I know right. I have a 2070 Super and playing Metro Exodus at 30-40 fps reminded me of the old days when 30 used to be the ‘playable’ threshold. I’d like to replay the game at a smooth 60 with all the bells and whistles at max.

You don't even need raytracing, just fire up Killing Floor 2 in 2160p Ultra, it'll easily destroy your FPS lol. And that game is old af.

I'm not much of a gamer -but when younger I remember reviews for cards - showing various settings - ie very few cards could run games at max . I'm genuinely interested - because I haven't seen an article that we had 15/20 years ago - about what settings chew up the FPS - plus what settings give you bang for buck - eg If I was playing a RPG - I want long draw, good lighting/shadows = medium to high detail ( I think a well master game or movie does not need super high detail to convey the emotion/ambiance (assisted by sound ) - basically the feel ) , large colour spectrum .
Anyway if I guess on my rx2060 - if I'm only getting 30fps on ultra - I could probably ramp it up to 60 with very little hit on immersion with a wise profile.
TL/DR WTF do folks need everything ramped to ultra settings?
ie is spending another $1000 a poor ROI

Suckers will be buying the 3090 on release. As usual.

I used to be one, those days, until 980Ti.

But it's just not worth it anymore with hugely overblown prices for chasing after a few more frames leading in benchmarks.

Thanks to these suckers, Nvidia keeps churning out their cards at these poor value investments.

I would rather get a new laptop for my work.

Suckers will be buying the 3090 on release. As usual.

I used to be one, those days, until 980Ti.

But it's just not worth it anymore with hugely overblown prices for chasing after a few more frames leading in benchmarks.

Thanks to these suckers, Nvidia keeps churning out their cards at these poor value investments.

I would rather get a new laptop for my work.
I'd rather have the money in my savings.....I currently have a 1070ti and while I can't max everything, it does play just fine on my 4k TV. I've been telling myself that I as going to get the 3000 series to play cyberpunk on, but the pandemic did a great job of preventing that from happening.

Back