Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows. Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended). Sylpheed is a free software distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license.
- Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
- Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
- Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
- Lightweight operation
- High reliability
- Internationalization and Multilingualization support
- High-level Japanese processing
- Various protocols support
- Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
- Powerful filtering and search
- Junk mail control
- Flexible cooperation with external commands
- The function to export the address book to CSV files was added.
- 'Nick Name' column was added to the address book.
- Context menu was added to the search result of the query search dialog.
- When attaching UTF-16 text files, they are automatically converted into UTF-8 now.
- Show original From on the summary view if the display-name seems to be an e-mail address.
- The bug that wrong reply target could be selected when the summary was sorted by the unread flag (#286).
- Win32: the bug that Japanese characters were overlapped on printings with some font settings was fixed.
- Win32: the bug that empty lines were not properly spaced on printings with some font settings was fixed.
- Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 1.0.2n.
Apps similar to Sylpheed 3
Thunderbird is a free email application that’s easy to set up and customize - and it’s loaded with great features.
Stay connected to your world with our most up-to-date e-mail and calendar tools.
Internet Mail is the software specifically designed for the Internet e-mail.