K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
- The customization abilities even go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats.
- You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
- It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs installed on your computer. The installation is able to detect and remove over 100 different codec and filter packs.
- The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
- This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
- There are different variants of the pack. From very small to large.
- The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.
The standard variant contains some additional features compared to the basic variant. It contains Media Player Classic, which is an excellent player for video files. It also has (better) support for playback of DVDs. This pack is recommended for the average user.
- Media Player Classic Homecinema [version 22.214.171.124]
DirectShow video decoding filters:
- LAV Video [version 0.74.1-20-gc76c1]
DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- LAV Audio [version 0.74.1-20-gc76c1]
DirectShow source filters:
- LAV Splitter [version 0.74.1-20-gc76c1]
DirectShow subtitle filters:
- DirectVobSub [xy-VSFilter version 126.96.36.1992]
- XySubFilter [version 188.8.131.522]
- madVR [version 0.92.17]
- Codec Tweak Tool [version 6.4.1]
- MediaInfo Lite [version 19.04]
- Icaros ThumbnailProvider [version 3.1.1 b1]
- Icaros PropertyHandler [version 3.1.1 b1]
- Updated MPC-HC to version 184.108.40.206
- Added MPC Video Renderer (version 0.4.0.1106)
- This is a new video renderer that is still in development. It offers good performance and quality. It is already compatible with most of the functionality in MPC-HC and also has basic support for HDR video (on SDR displays). Try it out and let us know if you like it (or not).
Supports playback of:
- AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, MPEG, MOV, TS, M2TS, WMV, RM, RMVB, OGM, WebM
- MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, OGG, 3GP, AMR, APE, MKA, Opus, Wavpack, Musepack
- DVD and Blu-ray (after decryption)
- and many more audio and video formats!
- Provides lots of useful functionality, such as:
- Subtitle display
- Hardware accelerated video decoding
- Audio bitstreaming
- Video thumbnails in Explorer
- File association options
- Broken codec detection
- and much more!
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
- This is an excellent video player. Highly recommended!
- An advanced video renderer with high quality upscaling.
- MediaInfo Lite
- This is a tool for getting details about media files.
Software similar to K-Lite Codec Pack Standard 3
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools used for playing, encoding and decoding numerous audio/video formats.
X Codec Pack is one of the most complete codec packs which helps you to play all major audio and video formats.
You will no longer be restricted to using a specific player.