Jajuk is software that organizes and plays music. It is a full-featured application geared towards advanced users with large or scattered music collections. Using multiple perspectives, the software is designed to be intuitive and provide different visions of your collection.
Jajuk supports MP3, OGG Vorbis, AU, AIFF, WAV and SPEEX audio formats. Jajuk is a Free Software published under GPL license.
- Maximum features: Jajuk is made firstly for advanced users looking for powerful functionalities
- Maximum portability and integration: 100% pure Java but native packaging and features like tray
- Maximum usability: Jajuk is designed to be intuitive, fast and provide multiple ways to perform the same operation
- Only for music: Jajuk will never become a multimedia (video, pictures...) jukebox
- Standard player functions: repeat, shuffle, intro, fast forward/rewind, mute, volume, position in track... Advanced player functions:
- Push: Add track(s) in the player queue
- Planned tracks: See user selection next tracks in queue
- Recursive play/repeat/shuffle/push in directories/sub*directories or by style/author/albums...
- Intro from a track % and with a specified length
- Full shuffle in entire collection
- Bestof special function: play your favorite tracks
- Novelties special function: play your collection last albums
- Continue special function: continue in the current album and stop a shuffle Search functions:
- Web navigator-like history bar
- Instant search box: perform instant search on style/author/track name... when typing
- Table filter: you can filter tracks with any criteria Graphical Interface:
- Eclipse-like graphical interface: Jajuk windows are divided into perspectives and views for a good functionnal separation.
- Advanced docking by drag and drop
- Several Look and feel supported with dynamic switching: Liquid, Metal, Windows, GTK, Kunststoff, Plastic...
- Covers support
- Local covers display
- Auto-covers grabbing from the web with possibility to store them on your disk or make them your default cover Playlist support:
- Dynamic playlist creation by drag and drop
- Bestof special playlist
- Bookmarks special playlist
- Novelties special playlist
- Devices synchronization: unidirectional or bidirectional, full or partial.
- Collection stats: get charts for your collection : style repartition, size by device, history etc...
- Physical/logical separation: you can navigate into physical directories and files or into logical styles, authors, albums, tracks.
- Indexing method: Jajuk doesn't read id3 tags or directory structure at each startup but save them in a XML database. It allows a fast startup even for very large collections (bench:10 sec to start a 140Go collection on a P4 1.8Ghz).
- Unmounted devices support: you can navigate into unmounted devices ( CDs for exemple ). So you get a full view of your collection at any time. Nice feature if you have plenty of music CDs. This behavior can be disabled.
- Multi-language and easy to translate, see translation howto.
- Fast collection builder: a cd scanner allows you to create a jajuk collection of tens of CDs in only few minutes.
- Tray support under windows and Linux
- Full-eatured online help
- Automatic rate support
- Various startup modes: none, last one, last one keep position, specified, shuffle, novelties, bestof.
- [Windows only] If upgrading to 1.10.4 from earlier release : please uninstall Jajuk first as the installer changed (your collection will remain unchanged).
- Jajuk requires Java 1.6 to run
- A deep refresh will be proposed to you to take into account changes to tags and album covers if you upgrade from a pre-1.9 release. You can perform it manually from Devices view / right click / Force Refresh / Deep.
- [Windows or OSX in Web Start mode] The first startup will take a while (in the "Initial checkups" step), as the required mplayer executable is downloaded
- [Linux] It is strongly recommended to install mplayer if not already done to support every audio formats and to get a better sound.
- Java: JRE 1.4.2 and above.
- JRE ( Java runtime environment ) can be obtained for free from the Sun Microsystems website: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Screen resolution : at least 800x600, 1280x1024 and higher recommended.