Amarok is a cross-platform free and open source music player. Although Amarok is part of the KDE project it is released independently of the central KDE Software Compilation release cycle.Amarok serves many functions in addition to the basic function of playing music files. For example, Amarok can be used to organize a library of music into folders according to genre, artist, and album, can edit tags attached to most music formats, associate album art, attach lyrics, and automatically "score" music by keeping play count statistics.
- Playing media files in various formats including but not limited to (depending on the setup) FLAC, Ogg, MP3, AAC, WAV, Windows Media Audio, Apple Lossless, WavPack, TTA and Musepack. Amarok does not play digital music files embedded with DRM.
- Tagging digital music files (currently FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, AAC, MP3, and RealMedia).
- Associating cover art with a particular album, and retrieving the cover art from Amazon.
- Creating and editing playlists, including smart and dynamic playlists. The dynamic playlists can use such information as the "score" given to a song by an Amarok script, and the playcount which is stored in the database.
- Synchronizing, retrieving, playing, or uploading music to the following digital music players: iPod, iriver iFP, Creative NOMAD, Creative ZEN, MTP, Rio Karma and USB devices with VFAT (generic MP3 players) support.
- Displaying artist information from Wikipedia and retrieving song lyrics.
- Last.fm support, including submitting played tracks (including those played on some digital music players) to Last.fm, retrieving similar artists and playing Last.fm streams.
- From version 1.4.4, Amarok introduced the integration of Magnatune, a non-DRM digital music store, enabling users to purchase music in Ogg, FLAC, WAV, and MP3 formats.
- Three main window panes: playlist browser, collection and player window.
- Systray (panel notification area) icon support.
- Song collection, which includes specific folders on the filesystem.
- Searching Files/Artists/Album/Genre in Collection can be performed using Simple and Advanced options
- Intelligent Playlists support(Dynamic Playlists)
- Integration with online services such as Magnatune, Jamendo, MP3tunes, Last.fm and Shoutcast.
- Songs can be rated both dynamically (based on how much the song is played) and by hand (giving rating of 1-5 stars to the song).
- Amarok File Tracking (since 1.4.3): Stores file checksum in the collection. This allows the file be moved around in the filesystem without Amarok losing track of the song statistics.
- Collection filter (newest songs, highest rated, most played, etc.).
- Support for Phonon engine. The backend of Phonon dictates which media types Amarok can play and how they play. When using Xine, Amarok supports crossfading, but not seeking in seekpointless FLAC files. When using Gstreamer, Amarok supports seeking and gapless playback, but not crossfading.
- Support for moodbars.
- Uses TagLib for tags.
- Amarok can be controlled via D-Bus.
- Amarok Scripts, for example, when writing lyrics fetching plugins, can be written in QtScript.
- Fixed audio playback if no backend was selected before
- Enforce uninstallation of previous Amarok installations
Software similar to Amarok 9
Free audio player for Windows and Android that supports local files, NAS, clouds and podcasts.
Foobar2000 is an advanced and very complete freeware audio player for the Windows platform.
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
The legendary WinAMP media player can handle audio CDs, MP3 audio files, and streaming audio broadcasts.
More similar downloads