Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Fixed Properties dialog glitches when scrolling content horizontally.
- Fixed Converter setup dialog crash when using mouse forward/back buttons to navigate pages.
- Fixed truncated text in Converter at 125% text size.
- Fixed bad behavior of stricmp_utf8() function in shared.dll causing incorrect behavior of some components.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of some Preferences page elements with Windows 7 classic theme.
- Fixed a bug preventing some large folders from being added to playlist correctly.
- Worked around apparent incorrect playback of audio tracks beginning with early drum hits with default output settings.
- Updated middle-click-scroll marker.
- Cleaned up various leftovers from old versions.
- Fixed blank Properties content after some (but not all) of tag writes failed.
- Visual consistency fixes in Preferences, mainly affecting Windows 7 in classic mode.
Previous release notes
- Fixed visual glitches when scrolling lists horizontally with mouse wheel through Logitech software.
- Improved output format negotiation with exclusive output.
- Fixed failure to install components from store-mode (uncompressed) zip archives.
- Improved handling of malformed FLAC files, prevented crash from too many cuesheet entries.
- Correct reporting of AC3 channel count in MP4 files even without AC3 component installed (before it would incorrectly report stereo).
- Allowed UTF-8 cuesheets without UTF-8 header.
- Fixed htmlspecialchars misuse in component update list / component page link.
- Mapped MP4 @mvn field to "movement name".
- Prevented the same folder from being added more than once to the Media Library.
- Properties dialog: deferred logging of user-entered field names for the dropdown list until the tags are saved, effectively preventing typos from being remembered.
- Fixed a bug causing alt+f4 (and possibly other keyboard events) to be disregarded if mouse pointer is above specific interactive portion of a window (list controls, buttons in editboxes).
- Improved handling of files with malformed APE tags - some files were entirely unplayable.
- More thorough 'remove tags' for Vorbis, Opus and Musepack.
- Fixed text truncation in ReplayGain Scanner preferences page.
- Made possible to add attached pictures by drag and drop to relevant Properties dialog page.
Software similar to Foobar2000 6
Free audio player for Windows and Android that supports local files, NAS, clouds and podcasts.
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
MediaMonkey is the music organizer and media jukebox for serious collectors.
More similar downloads