Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Added preferences page to adjust priority order of installed decoders.
- Greatly improved DSP manager dialog.
- Default User Interface improvements:
- New toolbar items for switching output modes, ReplayGain modes and DSP presets.
- Improved status bar: added optional display of selected track count.
- Reworked Preferences pages; improved options for minimize & close behaviors.
- Converter improvements:
- Keeping incomplete/problematic output files is now optional; they're deleted by default.
- New and improved overwrite prompt dialog.
- FDK AAC is now among the default presets.
- ReplayGain scanner improvements:
- Greatly improved “Apply Gain to File Content” feature, with multi threading and more supported formats.
- Added command to manually manipulate Opus header gain field for both .opus and Matroska.
- New Preferences pages.
- Playlist & Media Library search use a new text-matching algorithm similar to Unicode Asymmetric Search.
- Cosmetic tweaks; prettier buttons attached to editboxes in various dialogs.
- Cleaned up Opus header gain manipulation, reported value no longer offseted by 5 dB, made header gain respected when embedded in Matroska container.
- Amended Matroska tagging, certain rare files that would fail to update before are now taggable.
- Matroska support improvements, improved seeking performance on files without seektables.
- Made possible to choose between alternate audio streams in MP4 and Matroska files.
- Implemented WebM internet stream playback.
- Compiled using dynamic VC runtime, raising the limit of how many component DLLs can be loaded.
- Made Album List remember expanded nodes.
- Raised track count limit for cue sheets from 99 to 999.
- Integration with Windows 10 Universal Volume Control.
- Playback controls in taskbar on Windows 7 and newer.
- Configuration saving now uses transacted NTFS if available.
- Changed the way playlists and media library data are stored to minimize the amount of rewriting on each app shutdown.
- Merged networking features from foobar2000 mobile:
- FTP/FTPES/FTPS reader!
- Refreshed HTTP/HTTPS reader; added the ability to read remote folder listings.
- Improved handling of various file formats over HTTP, AIFF and Musepack in particular.
- More robust M3U/M3U8/PLS playlist handling; shows a warning when trying to save a M3U/PLS file that may not be readable correctly due to international characters.
- New file format icons.
- Improved media library search performance.
- Made various playlist and search result sorting operations use multiple CPU cores.
- All communication with foobar2000 website (troubleshooter, crash reporting, update checks) is now encrypted.
- Refreshed File Operations preset management, now stored in a plain text files instead and possible to import/export/edit.
Apps similar to Foobar 2000 6
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality.
Introducing the most feature-packed video player ever made.