Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Fixed horrible, horrible bug with Ctrl+A “select all” handler in edit boxes stealing altgr+a making it impossible to type “ą”.
- Made possible to retag MP4/M4A files without 'ftyp' header.
- Prevented decoding of broken MP3 frames that overlap with apparent file tags.
- Allowed decoding of WAV files with sample rates above 1MHz.
- Converter: Made format list sorting remembered.
- Fixed tags not being read from certain WAV files.
- Internal fixes to allow foo_input_exe/foo_input_ffmpeg decoding of HLS & RTMP streams.
- Added internal IMA ADPCM decoder for specific WAV files that system codec refuses to process.
foobar2000 1.4 beta 4 changelog:
- Added preferences page to adjust priority order of installed decoders.
- Greatly improved DSP manager dialog.
- Added output mode switcher toolbar item to Default User Interface.
- Keeping incomplete/problematic output files is now optional; they're deleted by default.
- New and improved overwrite prompt dialog.
- FDK AAC is now among the default presets (beta 2).
ReplayGain scanner improvements:
- Apply gain to file content feature now runs in multiple threads and supports MP2 content.
- Added command to manually manipulate Opus header gain field for both .opus and Matroska.
- Playlist & Media Library search use a new text-matching algorithm similar to Unicode Asymmetric Search.
- Reworked Default User Interface Preferences pages; improved options for minimize & close behaviors.
- Cosmetic tweaks; prettier buttons attached to editboxes in various dialogs.
- Cleaned up Opus header gain manipulation, reported value no longer offseted by 5 dB, made header gain respected when embedded in Matroska container.
- Matroska support improvements, improved seeking performance on files without seektables.
- Made possible to choose between alternate audio streams in MP4 and Matroska files.
- Implemented WebM internet stream playback.
- Made Album List remember expanded nodes (beta 2).
- Raised track count limit for cue sheets from 99 to 999 (beta 2).
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect tags being read from certain multi-chapter MP4 files (beta 3).
- Integration with Windows 10 Universal Volume Control (beta 4).
- Playback controls in taskbar on Windows 7 and newer (beta 4).
Apps similar to Foobar 2000 6
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality.
The legendary WinAMP media player can handle audio CDs, MP3 audio files, and streaming audio broadcasts.