Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
- Updated beta version
- Added preferences page to adjust priority order of installed decoders.
- Greatly improved DSP manager dialog.
- Default User Interface improvements:
- New toolbar items for switching output modes, ReplayGain modes and DSP presets.
- Improved status bar: added optional display of selected track count.
- Reworked Preferences pages; improved options for minimize & close behaviors.
- Converter improvements:
- Keeping incomplete/problematic output files is now optional; they're deleted by default.
- New and improved overwrite prompt dialog.
- FDK AAC is now among the default presets.
- ReplayGain scanner improvements:
- Greatly improved “Apply Gain to File Content” feature, with multi threading and more supported formats.
- Added command to manually manipulate Opus header gain field for both .opus and Matroska.
- New Preferences pages.
- Playlist & Media Library search use a new text-matching algorithm similar to Unicode Asymmetric Search.
- Cosmetic tweaks; prettier buttons attached to editboxes in various dialogs.
- Cleaned up Opus header gain manipulation, reported value no longer offseted by 5 dB, made header gain respected when embedded in Matroska container.
- Amended Matroska tagging, certain rare files that would fail to update before are now taggable.
- Matroska support improvements, improved seeking performance on files without seektables.
- Made possible to choose between alternate audio streams in MP4 and Matroska files.
- Implemented WebM internet stream playback.
- Compiled using dynamic VC runtime, raising the limit of how many component DLLs can be loaded.
- Made Album List remember expanded nodes.
- Raised track count limit for cue sheets from 99 to 999.
- Integration with Windows 10 Universal Volume Control.
- Playback controls in taskbar on Windows 7 and newer.
- Configuration saving now uses transacted NTFS if available.
- Changed the way playlists and media library data are stored to minimize the amount of rewriting on each app shutdown.
- Merged networking features from foobar2000 mobile:
- FTP/FTPES/FTPS reader!
- Refreshed HTTP/HTTPS reader; added the ability to read remote folder listings.
- Improved handling of various file formats over HTTP, AIFF and Musepack in particular.
- More robust M3U/M3U8/PLS playlist handling; shows a warning when trying to save a M3U/PLS file that may not be readable correctly due to international characters.
- New file format icons.
- Improved media library search performance.
- Made various playlist and search result sorting operations use multiple CPU cores.
- All communication with foobar2000 website (troubleshooter, crash reporting, update checks) is now encrypted.
- Refreshed File Operations preset management, now stored in a plain text files instead and possible to import/export/edit.
- Work around for DirectSound audio stutters with Windows 10 1803 (beta 19).
- Fix implemented for splitter lock bug.
- Workaround implemented for HTTPS issues on Windows XP.
What's New Beta:
- Now using libopus v1.3
- Fixed a bug in Default UI playlist causing poor performance with tens of thousands of items.
- Fixed incompatibility with certain HTTP servers, causing music files to fail to play from them with "object not seekable" message.
- Fixed some more Internet radio metadata regressions.
- Made DSP presets sorted in the toolbar dropdown list.
Apps similar to Foobar 2000 6
A highly portable and popular multimedia player for multiple audio and video formats.
Introducing the most feature-packed video player ever made.
Powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality.