It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click:
All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections.
Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to initiate outgoing connections.
Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
- Just one small executable file. All features are packed in the same file.
- Full support for executing tasks from standard user accounts.
- Intuitive and easy accessible interface in the system tray.
- Allow or block a program to connect to the internet with just one mouse click.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Quick access to edit Windows Firewall rules directly from the program interface.
- Choose if you want the program to start at user logon.
- Import and export the policy of the program.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- Check for a new version from the program interface.
- And many more... Just give it a try. Registered Users Features
- Learning Mode which provides notifications for blocked outgoing connections.
- Lock the current state of the program and Windows Firewall with password.
- Improved: Remote addresses content is now expanding to fill the available space in Properties dialog so that more content can be displayed.
- Fixed: Properties dialog is not displayed anymore if two or more Windows services have the same Display Name.
- Fixed: The service name for svchost.exe notifications is detected only for the Windows services that are already running when WFC service starts. If a Windows service is started after, the notification will not detect the Windows service that triggered the notification.
- Fixed: Unhandled exception is logged if certain files are missing from the installation folder.
- Fixed: When editing a rule details in the Notification dialog, the rule name can be set as one or several empty spaces.
- Fixed: Properties dialog can't apply changes to a rule if the path of the rule is not accessible or not found. This limitation was removed. Also the tooltip was updated since a rule with red text does not always mean the file is not found, it can also mean the file is not accessible (file located in a folder of another user account, encrypted location, etc).
- Fixed: In Notification dialog the text (Yes, No, Not valid) under Signed property is not localized.
- Removed: The x button from text boxes that is clearing their content.
Software similar to Windows Firewall Control 5
Free Comodo Firewall with prevention-based protection.
- Free to try
Eliminates unauthorized access to your PC at home, the office, or on the road.
- Free to Try
Provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration by denying unauthorized access.
- Free to Try