It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click:
All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections.
Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to initiate outgoing connections.
Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
- Just one small executable file. All features are packed in the same file.
- Full support for executing tasks from standard user accounts.
- Intuitive and easy accessible interface in the system tray.
- Allow or block a program to connect to the internet with just one mouse click.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Quick access to edit Windows Firewall rules directly from the program interface.
- Choose if you want the program to start at user logon.
- Import and export the policy of the program.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- Check for a new version from the program interface.
- And many more... Just give it a try. Registered Users Features
- Learning Mode which provides notifications for blocked outgoing connections.
- Lock the current state of the program and Windows Firewall with password.
- New: 'Secure Rules' was rewritten from scratch. When enabled, this feature will prohibit adding, modifying or removing firewall rules from outside of WFC.
- New: A new feature called 'Secure Profile' was added in the Security tab. When enabled, importing firewall rules and changing the filtering mode of Windows Firewall is possible only from WFC.
- New: A dialog is displayed to the user if the uninstall is launched while the program is locked with a password. - New: A new global hot key can be defined in Options tab to toggle Secure Rules state.
- Fixed: If the uninstaller is launched multiple times, the dialog is displayed multiple times instead of focusing the already running instance of it.
- Improved: When choosing a custom notification sound for the notifications, the dialog will now open by default in 'C:\Windows\Media' folder.
- Improved: Various user interface improvements.
- Updated: The WFC recommended rules contain now some inbound rules required for accessing the computers from the local network.
- Updated: The URL services from the Tools tab were updated.
- Updated: The user manual was updated with new topics.
Apps similar to Windows Firewall Control 5
Free Comodo Firewall with prevention-based protection.
- Ad Supported
Eliminates unauthorized access to your PC at home, the office, or on the road.
- Free to Try
Provides a superior arsenal of defense against PC infiltration by denying unauthorized access.
- Free to Try