FreeFixer works by scanning a large number of locations where unwanted software has a known record of appearing or leaving traces. The scan locations include the programs that run on your computer, the programs that starts when you reboot your computer, your browser's plug-ins, your home page setting, etc.
FreeFixer does not know what is unwanted, so it presents the scan result and it's up to you decide if some file should be removed and if some settings should restored to their default value. Please be careful! If you delete a legitimate file you may damage your computer. To assist you when determining if anything should be removed you can find more information at FreeFixer's web site for each item in the scan result. You can for example see what other users chose to do in the same situation. You can also save log file of your scan result and consult the volunteers in one of the FreeFixer helper forums.
For more detailed information about FreeFixer, please see the User's Manual.
- FreeFixer now scans Google Chrome Extensions.
- FreeFixer's plain text log now includes the name of the signer for each file. For example: "signer: ClientConnect LTD [valid]" or "signer: [unsigned]" if the file is unsigned.
- Added additional items to FreeFixer's whitelist:
- AVAST Software a.s.
- Bitdefender SRL
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- Intel Corporation - Intel Management Engine Firmware
- Intel Corporation - Intel Rapid Storage Technology
- Intel Corporation - Mobile Wireless Group
- Intel Corporation - Software and Firmware Products
- Intel Corporation - pGFX
- Intel Corporation-Mobile Wireless Group
- Intel Software
- Intel Services Manager
- Intel Upgrade Service
- Logitech, Inc.
- Microsoft Dynamic Code Publisher
- Microsoft Windows Early Launch Anti-malware Publisher
- Piriform Ltd
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD.
- SANDBOXIE L.T.D
- Webroot Inc.
Apps similar to FreeFixer 3
Malwarebytes protects you against malware, ransomware, and other advanced online threats that have made antivirus obsolete and ineffective.
Detects and removes the most complex and deepest spyware and malware
Scan for spyware, adware, hijackers and other malicious software.