As featured in:
- Computer Tips & Tricks Everyone Should Know
- Essential Apps You Should Install on a New PC Running Windows or macOS
- Productivity Booster: Enable 'Night Mode' on All Your Devices
Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?
Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?
During the day, computer screens look good—they're designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn't be looking at the sun.
It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.
f.lux makes your computer screen look like the room you're in, all the time. When the sun sets, it makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again.
Tell f.lux what kind of lighting you have, and where you live. Then forget about it. F.lux will do the rest, automatically.
- Updated download link for Windows Beta 4.108
- go to "About f.lux" in v4, and opt in to beta releases
- restart f.lux to make it notice the update and give you the beta version right away
- Time formatting fixes (for international users)
- Fixes for location dialog box (sometimes zip codes were broken)
- Prompts to unlock color range when f.lux starts
- Fixes for mouse cursor when disabling fullscreen apps
- Improvements to fast transitions and sunset timing