PHP is an open source general-purpose server-side scripting language originally designed for Web development to produce dynamic Web pages. It is one of the first developed server-side scripting languages to be embedded into an HTML source document rather than calling an external file to process data. The code is interpreted by a Web server with a PHP processor module which generates the resulting Web page. It also has evolved to include a command-line interface capability and can be used in standalone graphical applications.
If you are new to PHP and want to get some idea of how it works, try the introductory tutorial.
After that, check out the online manual.
- Fixed bug #76846 (Segfault in shutdown function after memory limit error).
- Fixed bug #76946 (Cyclic reference in generator not detected).
- Fixed bug #77035 (The phpize and ./configure create redundant .deps file).
- Fixed bug #77041 (buildconf should output error messages to stderr) (Mizunashi Mana)
- Upgraded timelib to 2017.08.
- Fixed bug #75851 (Year component overflow with date formats "c", "o", "r" and "y").
- Fixed bug #77007 (fractions in `diff()` are not correctly normalized).
- Fixed bug #76948 (Failed shutdown/reboot or end session in Windows).
- Fixed bug #76954 (apache_response_headers removes last character from header name).
- Fixed bug #76972 (Data truncation due to forceful ssl socket shutdown).
- Fixed bug #76942 (U_ARGUMENT_TYPE_MISMATCH).
- Fixed bug #76936 (Objects cannot access their private attributes while handling reflection errors).
- Fixed bug #66430 (ReflectionFunction::invoke does not invoke closure with object scope).
- Some base64 outputs were truncated; this is not the case any more.
- block sizes >= 256 bytes are now supposed by sodium_pad() even when an old version of libsodium has been installed.
- Fixed bug #77008 (sodium_pad() could read (but not return nor write) uninitialized memory when trying to pad an empty input).
- Fixed bug #76965 (INI_SCANNER_RAW doesn't strip trailing whitespace).
- Fixed bug #77027 (tidy::getOptDoc() not available on Windows).
- Fixed bug #30875 (xml_parse_into_struct() does not resolve entities).
- Add support for getting SKIP_TAGSTART and SKIP_WHITE options.
- Fixed bug #75282 (xmlrpc_encode_request() crashes).