As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Computer Tips & Tricks Everyone Should Know
- How to Convert Audio and Video Files with VLC Media Player
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android platform. VLC for Android can play most video and audio files, as well as network streams and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. VLC for Android is also a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
- Plays all files, in all formats, like the classic VLC.
- Audio and video media library, with full search.
- Support for network streams, including HLS.
- Supports Android from version 2.1 (platform-7).
- Supports ARMv6, ARMv7 and ARMv7+NEON.
- Supports secondary display.
- Subtitles support, embedded and external, including ASS and DVD subtitles.
- Multi audio or subtitles tracks selection.
- Multi-core decoding, for Cortex-A7 A9 and A15 chips.
- Supports full hardware decoding.
- Gestures, headphones control.
- Audio equalizer
Note: Most of you will need the ARM download. x86 is for Intel CPU tablets and phones.
- Fix scrolling issues
- Fix media not updated during a scan
- Fix the action button visibility
- Improve descriptions for Android Auto and streams
- Crash fixes