In this world now, everything is password protected, your phone, computer, e-mails and what not. And remembering so many passwords can be difficult sometimes. What’s more, you cannot have a simple password. It has to be something strong and out-of-place, something that no one can think of. Sometimes, even you cannot remember that out of the box password. Writing them all down and saving it on Notepad or Word is also not advisable. This is where our new freeware PassBox can help you.
PassBox is a handy little tool that will remember all your passwords. You just have to set and remember one password for PassBox, and you can save all the other passwords in it. And if you forget your PassBox password, you can use the “forgot password” option and you will receive an e-mail on your recovery e-mail address, giving you the new password.
When you fire it up for the first time, it asks you to enter a new password and the recovery e-mail. Giving the email ID is optional. Once done, you are all ready to save your passwords.
Click the “Add new” button on the menu and a form appears. Enter the name of the account, your User ID, password, recovery question and its answer and you are done! You have saved a password. The next time you want to see the password, just click on the “View Passwords” options, select an account and view the password and all the other information that you saved along with it.
Free Password Generator
That’s not all. PassBox can even suggest passwords for your account. Just hit the “Generate” button and the password generator appears in a new window. You just have to select the length of the password and whether or not you need special characters in the password. Boom! Hit the “Generate” button and you get your new password, which can be quite interesting.
- Ability to backup. Passbox v2.0 can backup and restore data.
- Added support for multiple databases, a user can create as many databases.
- Fixed issues with password recovery.
- Interface issues have been solved. You can now simultaneously edit the records while viewing them. A user can also view complete data in tabular form usinggrid view. Added another panel – Database manager which lets you manage databases and all.
- Fixed some issues with password generation. The most important one – added another later of security for database. Created a portable version too.
Apps similar to PassBox Free Password Manager 5
Lastpass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
RoboForm is a free password manager and one-click web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence.
Create strong, unique passwords. Remember them and restore them, all directly in your web browser.