The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders with a GUI controller for the installed codecs. The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and xy-VSFilter with a GUI giving full control.
Things the Shark pack does that other packs cannot do . . .
- Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's. (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often - and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
- Support the use of the Play To function for MKV and FLV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
The following filetypes are enabled and supported by the installation of Shark's Codec Solutions:
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
- update LAV filters
- update Gabest Filters
- update FFDshow
Please uninstall your old version before installing a newer release.
Apps similar to Advanced Codecs for Windows 5
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools used for playing, encoding and decoding numerous audio/video formats.
X Codec Pack is one of the most complete codec packs which helps you to play all major audio and video formats.
In this codec pack you will find plenty of usefull CoDecS (CoderS/DeCoderS), Media Player FilterS, Media Players and other UtilitieS.