The ADVANCED release contains a full suite of decoders with a GUI controller for the installed codecs. The STANDARD codec release only contains LAV filters and xy-VSFilter with a GUI giving full control.
Things the Shark pack does that other packs cannot do . . .
- Full color thumbnails including FLV's and 10bit MKV's. (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often - and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
- Support the use of the Play To function for MKV and FLV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support 'Add to Windows Media Player List' using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
The following filetypes are enabled and supported by the installation of Shark's Codec Solutions:
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
- update LAV filters
- update Gabest Filters
- update FFDshow
Please uninstall your old version before installing a newer release.
Apps similar to Advanced Codecs for Windows 5
K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs, DirectShow filters and tools.
In this codec pack you will find plenty of usefull CoDecS (CoderS/DeCoderS), Media Player FilterS, Media Players and other UtilitieS.
X Codec Pack is one of the most complete codec packs which helps you to play all major audio and video formats.