CDex can extract the data directly (digital) from an Audio CD, which is generally called a CD Ripper or a CDDA utility. The resulting audio file can be a plain WAV file (useful for making compilation audio CDs) or the ripped audio data can be compressed using an audio encoder. Many encoders are supported, to name a few:
- Lame MP3 encoder
- Internal MP2 encoder
- APE lossles audio format
- Ogg Vorbis encoder
- The Windows MP3 encoder (Fraunhofer MP3 encoder)
- NTT VQF encoder
- FAAC encoder
- Windows WMA8 encoder
In addition, WAV files on the hard drive can be converted to a Compressed Audio File (and visa versa). CDex also supports many audio file tag formats like the ID3V1 and ID3V2 tags, which can be automatically inserted as part of the ripping process.
- Direct recording of multiple tracks
- Read / store album information from/to the cdplayer.ini file
- Read / store album information from/to a local and/or remote CD Database (CDDB)
- Support CD-Text (if your CD-drive supports it)
- Advanced jitter correction (based on the cd-paranoia ripping library)
- Indicates track progress and jitter control
- Normalization of audio signal
- Supports many CD-Drive from many manufacters
- Conversion of external WAV files
- Support for M3U and PLS play list files
- Best of all, it's free (GPL license, source code available)
- Serveral languages are supported
Alternatively you can download the latest beta version of this software.
- Improved writing meta data to files -Updated conversions libraries
- Fixed Windows 10 installation dependency
- Added new translations
- Bug fixes
Software similar to CDex 6
Burner software too complicated? Get power, simplicity and file backup too.
ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit.
AnyBurn is a light weight but professional CD / DVD / Blu-ray burning software that everyone must have. It provides a free and complete solution for burning. It is completely free.
More similar downloads