- Lightweight, fast torrent app
- Beautiful user experience
- Free, non-commercial, ad-free, and open source
- Instantly stream video and audio
- WebTorrent fetches file pieces from the network on demand for instant playback.
- Even when the file isn't fully downloaded, seeking still works.
- (Seeking just reprioritizes which pieces are fetched from the network.)
- Stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA
- Based on the most popular and comprehensive torrent package in Node.js, webtorrent
- Full-featured, but bloat free
- Opens magnet links and .torrent files
- Drag-and-drop makes adding or creating torrents easy
- Discovers peers via tracker servers, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), and peer exchange
- Supports the WebTorrent protocol for connecting to WebRTC peers (i.e. web browsers)
- Added support for additional audio extensions: 'aiff', 'ape', 'mp2', 'oga', 'opus', 'wma' (#1240)
- Displaying filename while music metadata is being downloaded (#1361)
- Improved the poster selection for audio/music based torrents (#1334)
- Launch VLC player without the --video-on-top flag (#1286)
- Fix silently failing to open magnets links on Linux (#1367)
Apps similar to WebTorrent Desktop 4
Stream all the best movies and TV shows instantly in HD with subtitles for free. Safe and clean version of Popcorn Time with support for Windows, macOS and Linux.
Award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media.
This Popcorn Time service not only offer movies but TV shows too. Just select a movie or episode and press play.