- Lightweight, fast torrent app
- Beautiful user experience
- Free, non-commercial, ad-free, and open source
- Instantly stream video and audio
- WebTorrent fetches file pieces from the network on demand for instant playback.
- Even when the file isn't fully downloaded, seeking still works.
- (Seeking just reprioritizes which pieces are fetched from the network.)
- Stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA
- Based on the most popular and comprehensive torrent package in Node.js, webtorrent
- Full-featured, but bloat free
- Opens magnet links and .torrent files
- Drag-and-drop makes adding or creating torrents easy
- Discovers peers via tracker servers, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), and peer exchange
- Supports the WebTorrent protocol for connecting to WebRTC peers (i.e. web browsers)
- Added watch folder feature: Automatically add new torrent files added to a folder on disk (#1154)
- Added highest playback priority feature: pauses other active torrents when playback starts (#840)
- Add 'Start Speaking' and 'Stop Speaking' menu item (Mac) (#439)
- Add pinch-to-zoom gesture to enter/exit fullscreen (#1148)
- [SECURITY] Mitigate Electron protocol handler issue (Windows)
- Moved project from Feross's GitHub account to the WebTorrent GitHub organization
- Updated to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated to email@example.com
- Treat .FLAC as playable audio (#1127)
- Fix time and duration so it doesn't bounce in the UI (#1233)
- Fix 'About WebTorrent' menu location on Windows (#1120)
Apps similar to WebTorrent Desktop 4
Stream all the best movies and TV shows instantly in HD with subtitles for free. Safe and clean version of Popcorn Time with support for Windows, macOS and Linux.
Award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media.
This Popcorn Time service not only offer movies but TV shows too. Just select a movie or episode and press play.