- Lightweight, fast torrent app
- Beautiful user experience
- Free, non-commercial, ad-free, and open source
- Instantly stream video and audio
- WebTorrent fetches file pieces from the network on demand for instant playback.
- Even when the file isn't fully downloaded, seeking still works.
- (Seeking just reprioritizes which pieces are fetched from the network.)
- Stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA
- Based on the most popular and comprehensive torrent package in Node.js, webtorrent
- Full-featured, but bloat free
- Opens magnet links and .torrent files
- Drag-and-drop makes adding or creating torrents easy
- Discovers peers via tracker servers, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), and peer exchange
- Supports the WebTorrent protocol for connecting to WebRTC peers (i.e. web browsers)
- Added support for additional audio extensions: 'aiff', 'ape', 'mp2', 'oga', 'opus', 'wma' (#1240)
- Displaying filename while music metadata is being downloaded (#1361)
- Improved the poster selection for audio/music based torrents (#1334)
- Launch VLC player without the --video-on-top flag (#1286)
- Fix silently failing to open magnets links on Linux (#1367)
Apps similar to WebTorrent Desktop 4
This is the most constant and safest version of Popcorn Time. Watch the latest movies and TV shows instantly in HD with subtitles, for free. Available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
This Popcorn Time service not only offer movies but TV shows too. Just select a movie or episode and press play.
Free and open source cross-platform media player software and entertainment hub.