- Lightweight, fast torrent app
- Beautiful user experience
- Free, non-commercial, ad-free, and open source
- Instantly stream video and audio
- WebTorrent fetches file pieces from the network on demand for instant playback.
- Even when the file isn't fully downloaded, seeking still works.
- (Seeking just reprioritizes which pieces are fetched from the network.)
- Stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA
- Based on the most popular and comprehensive torrent package in Node.js, webtorrent
- Full-featured, but bloat free
- Opens magnet links and .torrent files
- Drag-and-drop makes adding or creating torrents easy
- Discovers peers via tracker servers, DHT (Distributed Hash Table), and peer exchange
- Supports the WebTorrent protocol for connecting to WebRTC peers (i.e. web browsers)
- Add YouTube style hotkeys #1579 (dsernst)
- Toggle sound notifications on/off #1536 (adriantombu)
- Ability to play MPEG-4 Audio Book (.m4b) #1450 (Borewit)
- Add support for subtitles on Chromecast #1165 (janza)
- Update to Electron 4 #1590 (Borewit)
- Remove '(BETA)' from app window title #1562 (dsernst)
- Update React (v16) and Material-UI (v0.20) #1483 (mathiasvr)
- Show audio track and disk number #1454 (Borewit)
- Asynchronous music metadata updates while streaming #1449 (Borewit)
- If torrent is not private, leave private flag unset #1411 (feross)
- Improve audio poster selection: #1368 (Borewit)
- Save preferences immediately when changed #1042 (Flet)
- Ensure that the minutes field in playback indicator is zero-padded. #1506 (bnjmnt4n)
- Bug Fix: Empty Array Reduce #1494 (clujin)
- Fix startup problems #1419 (Borewit)
- Add back loading spinner for player page. #1311 (bnjmnt4n)
- Fix Linux desktop file #1309 (bilelmoussaoui)
Apps similar to WebTorrent Desktop 4
This is the most constant and safest version of Popcorn Time. Watch the latest movies and TV shows instantly in HD with subtitles, for free. Available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
This Popcorn Time service not only offer movies but TV shows too. Just select a movie or episode and press play.
Free and open source cross-platform media player software and entertainment hub.