Lets you quickly extract the good parts from your videos and discard GB of data without losing quality. It doesn't do any decoding / encoding and is therefore extremely fast. Also allows for taking JPEG snapshots of the video at the selected time. This app uses the awesome ffmpeg for doing the grunt work. Also supports lossless cutting in the most common audio formats.
Since LosslessCut is based on Chromium and uses the HTML5 video player, not all ffmpeg supported formats will be supported. The following formats/codecs should generally work: MP4, MOV, WebM, MKV, OGG, WAV, MP3, AAC, H264, Theora, VP8, VP9 For more information about supported formats / codecs, see https://www.chromium.org/audio-video.
- Drag drop a video file into player to load or use ⌘/CTRL+O.
- Press SPACE to play/pause
- Select the cut start and end time
- Press the scissors button to export the slice
- Press the camera button to take a snapshot
The original video files will not be modified. Instead it creates a lossless export in the same directory as the original file with from/to timestamps. Note that the cut is currently not precise around the cutpoints, so video before/after the nearest keyframe will be lost. EXIF data is preserved.
- SPACE, k Play/pause
- j Slow down video
- l Speed up video
- ← Seek backward 1 sec
- → Seek forward 1 sec
- . (period) Tiny seek forward
- , (comma) Tiny seek backward
- i Mark in / cut start point
- o Mark out / cut end point
- e Export selection (in the same dir as the video)
- c Capture snapshot (in the same dir as the video)
- Change icons a bit
- Don't cut at start if start time is 0 (remove -ss 0)
- Show input dir in out path when file is loaded
- Show file title in window title
- Don't try to seek when no duration
- Also capture frame to custom output dir
- Fix running LosslessCut from strange directories