Why Use Brackets?
Brackets is a lightweight, yet powerful, modern text editor. We blend visual tools into the editor so you get the right amount of help when you want it without getting in the way of your creative process. You'll enjoy writing code in Brackets.
Brackets is an open-source project, supported by an active and passionate community. It's made by other web developers like you.
What makes Brackets different from other web code editors?
- Tools shouldn't get in your way. Instead of cluttering up your coding environment with lots of panels and icons, the Quick Edit UI in Brackets puts context-specific code and tools inline.
- Brackets is in sync with your browser. With Live Preview, Brackets works directly with your browser to push code edits instantly and jump back and forth between your real source code and the browser view.
- Functionality in JS mode to enable intelligent rename in file/scope feature by using Tern's scope analysis and inference functions.The rename function works by selecting a variable def/ref or placing cursor in and using Ctrl+R.
Wrap Selection in Try Catch/Condition
- Wraps selected code in try catch block. This functionality can be used by placing cursor without any explicit selection where Brackets identifies the statement scope and wraps it in try catch block.
Convert to arrow expression
- One click conversion of anonymous expression/function block to arrow expression.
- Creates getters/setters for currently active identifier in context of a class/construct.