Have you ever updated BIOS by yourself? Or like many other people, you just know what BIOS is, but always hesitate to update it? Because you think updating newest BIOS is unnecessary and actually you don't know how to update it.
Maybe not like others, you are very experienced in BIOS updating and spend quite a lot of time to do it. But of course you don't like to do it too much. First, download different BIOS from website and then switch the operating system to DOS mode. Secondly, use different flash utility to update BIOS. The above process is not a interesting job. Besides, always be carefully to store the BIOS source code correctly in your disks as if you update the wrong BIOS, it will be a nightmare.
Certainly, you wonder why motherboard vendors could not just do something right to save your time and effort and save you from the lousy BIOS updating work? Here it comes! Now Gigabyte announces @BIOS--the first Windows BIOS live update utility. This is a smart BIOS update software. It could help you to download the BIOS from internet and update it. Not like the other BIOS update software, it's a Windows utility. With the help of "@BIOS', BIOS updating is no more than a click.
Besides, no matter which mainboard you are using, if it's a Gigabyte's product*, @BIOS help you to maintain the BIOS. This utility could detect your correct mainboard model and help you to choose the BIOS accordingly. It then downloads the BIOS from the nearest Gigabyte ftp site automatically. There are several different choices; you could use "Internet Update" to download and update your BIOS directly. Or you may want to keep a backup for your current BIOS, just choose "Save Current BIOS" to save it first. Yo u make a wise choice to use Gigabyte, and @BIOS update your BIOS smartly. You are now worry free from updating wrong BIOS, and capable to maintain and manage your BIOS easily. Again, Gigabyte's innovative product erects a milestone in mainboard industries.
For such a wonderful software, how much it costs? Impossible! It's free! Now, if you buy a Gigabyte's motherboard, you could find this amazing software in the attached driver CD. But please remember, connected to internet at first, then you could have a internet BIOS update from your Gigabyte @BIOS.
Before you start if your system supports Intel Hyper-Threading technology, please kindly disable the function in the BIOS and also please close all applications and TSR (such as anti-virus program) under Windows to avoid unexpect error whiling BIOS update.
- Save BIOS
- In the very beginning, there is "Save Current BIOS" icon shown in dialog box. It means to save the current BIOS version.
- Update BIOS through Internet
- Click "Internet Update" icon
- Click "Update New BIOS" icon
- Select @BIOS sever
- GIGABYTE @BIOS server 1 in Taiwan
- GIGABYTE @BIOS server 2 in Taiwan
- GIGABYTE @BIOS server in China
- GIGABYTE @BIOS server in Japan
- GIGABYTE @BIOS server in USA" are available for now, the others will be completed soon
- Select the exact model name on your motherboard
- System will automatically download and update the BIOS.
- Update BIOS with no internet connection:
- Do not click "Internet Update" icon
- Click "Update New BIOS"
- Please select "All Files" in dialog box while opening the old file.
- Please search for BIOS unzip file, downloading from internet or any other methods (such as: 6OXM7E.F1).
- Complete update process following the instruction.
- In method I, if it shows two or more motherboard's model names to be selected, please make sure your motherboard's model name again. Selecting wrong model name will cause the system unbooted.
- In method II, be sure that motherboard's model name in BIOS unzip file are the same as your motherboard's. Otherwise, your system won't boot.
- In method I, if the BIOS file you need cannot be found in @BIOS server, please go onto GIGABYTE's web site for downloading and updating it according to method II.
- Please note that any interruption during updating will cause system unbooted.
- Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd is not responsible for damages of system because of non-correct process of updating FlashBIOS" to avoid any claims from end-users.
Software similar to Gigabyte BIOS Live Update 3
ASUS Live Update is an online update driver. It can detect when there is a new version of the program available from the ASUS Website and will automatically update your BIOS, Drivers, and/or Applications.
The Biostar BIOS online update utility allows you to download the latest BIOS for your motherboard directly from Windows.
ASRock Live Update and APP Shop is an all-in-one utility designed for system update and software downloading.