Version 14 features the standard inclusion of Auxiliary Input and File Selector; a higher-quality MP3 decoder (LAME 3.96.1); support for 32-bit WAV IEEE; Unicode tagging transfers; a Power Pack trial included as standard and a license for the MP3 encoder in the trial; smart-install codecs; and new DSP effects (a graphic equalizer and dithering-down bit depth). Finally, dBpowerAmp can supply column information in Windows Explorer (much more refined than Windows standard audio columns).
- Rip digitally sound from Audio CDs and store in a multitude of formats, dMC is the Fastest CD Ripper and now AccurateRip Compatible
- Convert from one format to another, just about every audio type is supported: mp3, mp4, Windows Media Audio (wma), Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Monkeys Audio, FLAC and many others [Codec downloads], whilst preserving ID Tags,
- Volume Normalize audio files,
- Windows Explorer Integration - right click Convert To & popup useful information on audio files (such as bitrate, length).
- ID tag editing [Power Pack Option],
- Record from LPs or anything [optional Auxiliary Input install],
- Fully compatible with Windows 95/98/ME NT4/2000, Windows XP and Linux (using Wine).
- 100% Free (mp3 encoder on trial license), No nags, popups, hidden spyware or bundleware.
- Able to lookup more discs with Discogs
- Restored Tracktype metadata option
- Repositioned ripping status to not clash with title bar
- Darkened the down button state for toolbar buttons
- Changed internal art preferential selection from providers
- Correct separation detection based on '/' for discogs
- Results page added OK & Eject button
- Tag Editor: font sizes adjusted to better display tags (especially on property page)
- Tag Editor: if do a clear then fills the default standard blank tag fields
- Control Centre - better at indicating codecs need updating, also beta versions are not offered to be replaced until full release
- Conditional Encode added a 'xx or Above / Below' items to effectively allow an equals check on a value, example '44KHz or Below'
- Conditional Encode added new 'If All Conditions Match' option
- mp3 decoder faster at indexing files
- Installer, shows reboot option at end as first item in list (not off screen in scroll list)
- Added escape handler to dsp settings pages, dmc finish page
- Can drag title bar while CD Ripper, etc maximized
- Would display '[artist][album] -' when choosing art in CD Ripper
- Choosing naming as 'Preserve Source Path' would write [origpath] to the output path
- Apple Lossless would report could not verify file if ripping in CD Ripper with the option set to rip to ._ temp files
- Playlist writer works in CD Ripper if option set to rip to ._ tmp files
- Would not correctly remove art from m4a files
- If install to short path location, then Control Centre cannot start music converter
- Replaygain DSP effect, fixed option 'Identify Albums as - All Files in Single Folder'
- Batch Converter was leaving a file open (would stop it be arranged if [Arrange Audio] is used)
- Conditional encode would not create destination folder
- CD ripper was not setting % done in taskbar title
- Info tips in programs, no longer using drop shadow (which could be left behind)
- Adaptive EBU normalize could fade out the last 6 seconds
- Installer would not set default values for mp3 tag creation, folder writing (in CD Ripper)
- Batch converter: could create a profile with invalid name and not save
- ID tag editor would access internet to read id tag suggestions even though the option 'no internet access for dbpoweramp' selected