Nvidia updates GeForce drivers for Battlefield 3 betaBy Jose Vilches
Nvidia has announced a new set of drivers for GeForce card users who want to get the best possible performance in the upcoming Battlefield 3 beta, which is set to go live tomorrow for those who pre-ordered through Origin and on Thursday for everyone else. The new GeForce R285.38 beta drivers will reportedly deliver a 38% performance boost in Battlefield 3 as well as improved stability, image quality and an SLI profile.
The release also adds or updates SLI profiles for Dead Island, Diablo III, Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: The Run, and Saints Row: The Third. If you're planning to get id Software's highly anticipated Rage next month, these drivers should bring improved compatibility and performance for that game as well. Here's the complete rundown on what's new:
What's New in Version 285.38
- Increased performance in Battlefield 3 by up to 38%.
- Improved overall stability and image quality in Battlefield 3.
- Improved compatibility and performance for RAGE.
- Added or updated SLI profiles for Battlefield 3, Dead Island, Diablo III, Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: The Run, and Saints Row: The Third.
- Fixed a performance regression in 285.27 beta running Crysis 2 (DirectX 9).
Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit Issues Resolved
- GeForce 500 series: Battlefield: Bad Company 2-the game stutters in certain maps after several minutes of gameplay.
- GeForce GTX 560 Ti: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -there is corruption on the edges of some objects when Transparency AA is enabled.
- [SLI], 3DTV Play, GeForce 500 series: With SLI enabled using 3DTV Play, the mouse cursor flickers and shakes on the main menu of various 3D games, such as Crysis 2, Battlefield Company 2, Dues X, and Civilization 5.
The GeForce R285.38 driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. You can download the beta drivers here. AMD is also expected to release Battlefield 3 optimized drivers sometime during the week along with the new 11.9 Catalyst drivers.