It’s hard to believe but Best Buy has now been in business for (almost) half a century. To celebrate its 50th anniversary, the electronics retailer is launching a 50-hour sale featuring 50 “Black Friday-like” deals on a variety of products.
The sale, which kicks off tonight at 10:00 p.m. central time, will offer up items both online and in stores. Best Buy revealed a handful of the deals in a press release earlier today:
- Save $150 on select MacBook Pro computers (students can save an additional $150, for a total savings of $300 with Best Buy’s Student Deals program)
- Save $400 on a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV
- Save $180 on Beats Studio wireless on-ear headphones
- Get an iPhone 6s starting at $1 or an iPhone 6s Plus starting at $99.99 with two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (Save $200) – or get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
- Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and amiibo
- Save $50 on Garmin Vivosmart HR activity tracker
- Get “Destiny” and your choice of two other select games for free with purchase of the PlayStation 4 “Call of Duty” bundle
- Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing scooter (online only)
Best Buy, which was known as Sound of Music until 1983, notes that all offers will be available “while supplies last” which could mean that some items may be in short supply.
The sale runs through 11:59 p.m. on August 20 which leads up to the company’s actual 50th anniversary two days later.
Image courtesy Sean Pavone, Shutterstock