Blue Screen Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
when I open counter strike game I got blue screen when tryin to play it
or sometimes when im entering my windows please help
here is what the event handler at 1001 says:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x0000000d, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: D:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini031806-04.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

ive attached some files from windows/minidump plz help

I got 2 Windows XP Service Pack 2 in both the same problem.....

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    80.3 KB · Views: 10
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

3 minidumps crash at cmaudio.sys. C-Media Audio WDM Driver. They have a bugcheck of 7F.

1 minidump crashes at cmaudio.sys and has a bugcheck of D1.

Try uninstalling/reinstalling your sound drivers. Also check for any updated drivers.

If that doesn`t help. Go HERE and follow the instructions.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

CS Blue Screen

That didnt help(the page) ive tryed it.
Now i get only irq not less or equal
and i was looking around and found out that i need to change the resource of irq
but cant change it ive tryed to change the port of rams and my video and sound card but they always use the same irq 11(not the ram) i cant change it maybe thats my problem please can you solve that or figure out how to change irq without changing the devices port...0_0
It happens only when i start counter strike and go to find servers when i connect to the server to play i got this blue screen irq not less or equal.

CS Blue Screen Major Discovery

Hej ive discovered that when i disable my card i can play Counter Strike but i cannot live without my sound card so im 100% sure that irq is the problem i need to change it from 11 to something else.
ive checked the minidump its cmaudio again you can check it too here but please find a way to change irq in Wndows XP Service Pack 2.
Find an program or something but make it work. :( :hotbounce
Ive deleted other minidumps and started cs and got this 1 minidump so here to be 100% sure that its from the game. lol
Pls help

Yes, your minidump crashes at cmaudio.sys and has a bugcheck of 7F.

Maybe getting a separate soundcard would help.

Regards Howard :)

??

How do you mean!?
Getting a Separate Sound Card???
You mean two sound cards or...
I got one integrated i disabled it because its not needed it is just in the way and no use for it cause i cant combine it with my sound system so i use the other one that i bought c-media and i can combine it with my sound system.
The one that is installed with an fault when i bought it lol is VIA AC97.
But you didnt said anything about changing irq value from 11 to something.
I got only one port for Video Card for my Nvidia Geforce 2 MX/MMX 400 64mb
im not big expert but i know much about windows xp sp2 so please help.
Maybe there is a way with an program i saw that the options of irq are hidden
so its possible that it can be edited maybe with that program(third party or something) like tweak XP that i dont have... :bounce:

I`m sorry. I`m a little confused.

Are you telling me that you already have a separate sound card? That is, a sound card that is fitted in a pci slot on your mobo.

If so. Try putting the sound card in a different pci slot.

You cannot change irq`s in Windows XP.

Nooooo!!! :)

Its Integrated so it means i cant move it anywere from my mobo not in any port, get it, and ive got 5.1 sound system it only fits in c-media sound device that is removable.
so only c-media can be moved and did you read your private message ive send you read it ive discovered that irq options are hidden so we need to make it show, enable it. lol
Could you explain me this ive moved my c-media device to another port and it didnt changed irq. i think that ive first uninstalled it and then when i changed the port installed it back. Maybe this helps. :approve:

Ok, that is what I meant by getting a separate sound card.

That is, a soundcard that fits in a pci slot.

You would then uninstall all your onboard sound software/drivers etc and disable your onboard sound in bios.

!!!!

Ive made it ive fixed the irq value from 11 to 5 that is not used now, my sound card is now irq 5 instead of irq 11 as the same as the video card.
What did i did? :(
Ive replaced its port with another(changed its slot) without an uninstall. LOLLLLL
BUT MY GAME ISNT STILL WORKING NOW GETS ME THE BLUE SCREEN AGAIN BUT I DONT REMEMBER I THINK I DINDNT SAW IRQ LESS OR SAME I THINK I SAW NOTHING JUST BLUE SCREEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM I WAS 100% SURE IT WAS IRQ CAUSE I DISABLED MY SOUND AND THE GAME WORKED FINE WHEN I ENABLED IT BACK THE GAME DROPS THE SAME SCENE AGAIN!!!

AND IVE GOT AN QUESTION ON YOUR POST WHEN I DISABLE IT IN THE BIOS I WOULD HEAR NO SOUND IS THAT CORRECT? IF IT IS, I WANT TO HEAR SOUND :( SO I WOULDNT DO IT. IF ITS CORRECT. PLZ ANSWER QUICKLY I GOT LITTLE TIME LEFT FOR FORUMS!!! HERES THE LATEST DUMP FILE!! ive forgot wht it was so i give you all the latest is when i have fixed the sound card and the game still crashes to blue screen.

Ive Fixed It!!!!!!!

Ive Fixed it i got to Bed yesterday so i didnt make it to post anything.
You didnt wanted to help me so i got it myself.
:)
SO THE SOLUTION HERE:

1)When you get the blue screen i got it from playin cs and you got an message on it read it and memorize it

2)get an program that can help you read dump files somewhere here on techspot and the dump files are here %windir%(directory were windows is)\minidump so in usually cases c:\Windows\minidump

3)when you saw the problem then you know what device it uses
To see devices go to Control Panel\System\Hardware\device manager
or right click my computer\Hardware\device manager

4)When you got there see what device is it and then go to view and select Resources by connection and find that device under irq see if it uses with another resource(the numbers must be diferent, if its the same then it uses the same resource as the other device)

5)if it uses the resource dont uninstall it or disable just turn off your computer and change its port(where you stick your device in) then start your computer again and see in the device manager/view/Resources by connection
if it uses the same number, if not then its good, if it uses the same do the step 5 again.

6)then go to www.google.com and try to find the latest update of your device and install it. thats it youve fixed the problem.

Dont try to go to device manager and click update it wont work it just searches your computer throught.

in the step 6 in my case i got an sound card that uses the same resource(irq) as my video card so i updated it both to the latest driver i could find and changed the port of the sound card and this solved my problem.

Usually blue screens:

Irq not less or equal - You must change the port of the device(sound card in my case) just use step 5

just blue screen nothing else usually it writes something about the middle field of the screen something like stop 0x000007f(0x00000d .....

Update the drivers to the latest drivers

Remember to when you got blue screen search the minidump out and see whats the problem if you dont got that program just post your minidump in zip file like attachments in your post to howard_hopkinso. :)

By FF :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back