Re: TechSpot email received on the HTC Hero Android Phone

LookinAround

Does anyone else notice this problem with their Android phones?

When I look at my TechSpot email on my HTC Hero Android phone (i.e. those emails that notify you about replies to a thread)....

Sometimes those embedded links in the email to the thread are just fine (i.e. i can simply touch the hyperlink on my phone to be taken to the thread)... But in some emails the sentences with the links are truncated and the links don't work. So far, i haven't noticed the common denominator to explain why some TechSpot emails have this problem while others don't.

And don't know if it's unique to Android on the HTC Hero? Or anyone else see the same?

/* edit */
btw.. I use gmail.. if that should make a difference.. I haven't tried experimenting with receiving gmail on alternate phones or trying other email services yet to see if they might make a difference. A minor thing, but has been a nuisance when i happen to view my TechSpot email on my phone!:D

That happens to me on my motorola droid. I'm using froyo os atm though and it has stopped. With the next os upgrade you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply supersmashbrada

Good to finally get some info on this nuisance.. as well as to be able to look forward to its end :)

OMG!!
After 9 months of this nuisance where some TS email links worked and some do not, i just realized the common denominator.

Each TechSpot email includes the phrase You can read this discussion at: followed by a link.

When this is the first TechSpot email notification for a TS thread, the link works. However, if this is anything but the first email notice for a new TS thread, the link doesn't work!

Example: If i subscribe to TS threads AAAA and BBBB

> TS email notice link for thread AAAA: works!
> TS email notice link for thread BBBB: works!
> But if i get any more notices for threads AAAA or BBBB the TS email notice links won't work!!

Anyway, finally figured out this differnece.. so just an fyi :D

Back