Irql equal or less bsods

Status
Not open for further replies.

afterlife

Hi everyone,

I keep getting random irql equal or less bsods, I have updated all my drivers and done all my windows updates and it still keeps happening. I tried updating the bios and same problem. I will attach minidumps I have...I hope someone out there can help me...Thanks oh and I have tested memory with memtestx86

here are some event viewer x's

Event 1003 - System Error

Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event 1003 - System Error

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 804e162c.

Attachments

• Mini123006-01.dmp
    96 KB · Views: 5
You have very similar errors to this THREAD. Follow cpc2004's suggestions from post #5. You can also try running with only 1 stick of RAM at a time.

BugCheck 1000000A, {0, 1c, 1, 804e162c} <-- IRQL 1c
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiUnlinkThread+c )

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTrap0E+47 )

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: TRAP_FRAME_RECURSION

i have tried what was in that post and also one stick at a time same problem... i have also tried 2 brand new sticks.

Hi,

Usually windows crashes at IRQL 28 is hardware error. There have 1 reported case that it is related to software. I have 27 confirmed root cause of IRQL 28. RAM is 12 out 27 and CPU is 6 out of 27. Probably the culprit is CPU, M/B or PSU.

----------------%
Overheat ..1......4
Printer......1......4
CPU......... 6.....22
RAM........12.....44
M/B..........3.....11
Software...1......4
PSU..........2......7
Video Card.1......4
Total.......27

does this mean the cpu could be defective because it is a new cpu 3.6ghz dual core.....my power supply is 550W i have attached another mini dump. I will try my old cpu and see what happens i'll post back

If you've successfully tested your ram with memtest86+ for a couple of hours, I'd say it's safe to rule out RAM, however keep in mind there are rare RAM failures that can pass tests. The fact this has happened across two sets of RAM really leans against this.

When you crash, if you go into the BIOS immediately after, what sort of temperatures are you seeing? Overheating is a common problem amongst today's processors, and odd, intermittent errors are symptoms for this.

Some questions which may provide useful information: How old is this machine in general? What parts have you upgraded recently, if any (unless it's brand new.) How long did this machine work before you started getting the errors? Did you install any software recently? Particularly firewalls?

IRQL errors are very often driver conflicts. While we haven't seen an error yet to point us in any direction, I've seen this most often with a video driver, and second most often with a network driver (when caused by drivers). The network driver is split into two categories- the network driver itself, and a virtual driver that a software firewall may install to run itself.

If you look under system in the event viewer, do you see any errors? If so, what do they say? Also, does this behavior occur if you run for a while in safe mode (I know, running that way stinks, but it can help limit down what sources the error comes from..)

its working fine with my old cpu 3.0ghz dual core........i think it could be my power supply.....but that doesn't explain why it would boot into windows with the new cpu 3.6ghz. any ideas? my temperatures are normal mb is 36 cpu is 32 and ps is 40

my specs are

Asus P5p800-se (latest bios)
550W Antec 2.0 True Power
1 250GB IDE maxtor hdd
2 320GB SATA segate hdd
Geforce 7800GS BFG
PhysX P1 Asus Card
X-FI Xtreme Music
Samsung DVD-RW
BenQ DVD-RW
4GB of RAM PC3200 Kingston Dual Channel

If it boots into windows, it can still be temperature related as things "warm up." CPUs can take time to get up to peak temps.

If things run fine under your 3.0 processor, it certainly seems related to the new processor. Does your 3.6 run fine under any other motherboard, do you know? (Most people usually can't test this, but it's worth asking.)

To test the power idea, you can try unhooking unneccessary pieces. For a single session, disconnect your CD drives, yank your physics unit, and disconnect any non-os harddrives. Try to get yourself down to minimum consumption. If it is power, keep in mind only one spike/dip is needed to make things go wierd.. so while your idea is unlikely, it's not impossible.

Personally, I've had problems with XP and 4gb of ram, but I strongly suspect that's a motherboard issue on my end, and not an XP issue. It may have something to do with 32 bit processor vs 64 bit processor- I've not had time to test. But if push comes to shove, you may want to try to take yourself down to 2gb of ram.

If none of this helps, can you talk more about how old this machine is and what upgrades to both hardware and software you've done recently?

Hope we can get you solved..

the hardware is only half a yr old....the only thing i wanted to upgrade was the cpu and thats the only hardware change that causes the bsods....i tried the cpu on another machine and it works fine i guess im out of luck??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back