My sound doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill924

My sound has been working really good until I recently had a program called driver cleaner, and it cleans uneeded files in the drivers... lol... and then after a scan and clean with it my sound didn't work. I have a sound driver called SB Audigy 2 ZS So then I uninstalled the driver, then I installed the new one, (http://us.creative.com/support/down...&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=0&x=32&y=21 its the first one in drivers). I thought that would fix it, it installed properly and all, and it restarted and all that important stuff, and now it still doesn't work. Do I need to restart it again or what? If someone knows why this is happening please tell me.

Edit: I also see the sound Icon in the bottom right of the screen, nothing is muted, and soundcard is installed and enabled.

If you need any more info just tell me, I really need an answer right about now.

Edit #2: Whenever I turn the volume up on my speaker, I hear a sound like when you are chatting online, it sounds like someone is touching their microphone. This sound only happens when I am turning the speaker volume knob, and when it is not moving it does not make a sound at all. I know it works because I plugged it into my iPod.

Have you checked in Device Manager and made sure the Audigy is enabled, and has no issues?

Did you change any BIOS settings recently? The onboard audio needs to be disabled for the Card to work.

I`m fairly sure you need the original CD that came with your sound card. Install from that, then install the updated drivers from the Creative website.

It runs in my mind that the drivers on the Creative website are only updates and not the full installation needed.

Regards Howard :)

Fragrant Coit said:
Have you checked in Device Manager and made sure the Audigy is enabled, and has no issues?

Did you change any BIOS settings recently? The onboard audio needs to be disabled for the Card to work.
Yes it is enabled and working fine, I see the sound icon in the bottom right of the screen too. I will check the BIOS thing after my spyware scan.

I have moved my post from your other thread into this one and deleted your other thread.

Please don`t open more than one thread for the same problem, it just gets confusing.

So if I don't have the disk it could be a problem...? All I have is a sampler disk which I believe just shows you what it can do and stuff through a DVD player.

I just found an Installation and Application CD in my disk drawer. Is this the right thing?

See if this article HERE helps. Apparently it shows how you can install the drivers without the need for the CD.

Edit: Yes, that may well be it mate.

It still doesn't work even though I installed the CD, and restarted.
How do I acces BIOS?

Apparently I just installed it fine from the CD, and there is still no sound.. if I double click the icon in the bottom right corner it says a few things.
'The audio device supported by this application is not detected. The application will exit.' is one of them.

I`m wondering if the Driver Cleaner programme has removed some other files as well.

Try doing a system restore to before you used the Driver Cleaner programme.

Yes it did remove some important files from the drivers, and I guess I am just going to give it to my cousin to reinstall my comp and install drivers and stuff.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Yes I have. It didn't work then either, but I lost the installation I got from the CD. I am going to uninstall the drivers for sb audigy 2 zs and then install 'Drivers Only' from the CD instead of taking all that useless crap, and then I will download the latest drivers from the link I have somehwere else in the thread.

Before you do that, go to Device Manager and UNINSTALL the Audigy, reboot and let Windows find it again, sometimes that helps, and it only takes a few minutes.

Somthing`s obviously amiss.

A couple of things you can try are:

1: Reinstall your mobo chipset drivers.

2: Click start/run and type sfc /scannow into the run box and hit the enter key. Windows will now scan for any missing or damaged OS files and replace them as necessary. You will need to have your Windows CD handy.

I'm not a computer genius so I don't know what mobo is, but I know lots about computers... so I don't know how to reinstall MOBO or what to do. So can you please tell me how to reinstall mobo chipset drivers? I am trying to do that second thing you said, but I have 2 windows CD's I think, I will post a picture soon, and it says that is the wrong CD. I don't know why it is saying that. Oh and I thank you for helping me and being so patient.

Go to your mobo manufacturers website and download the latest chipset drivers for your mobo model.

Or, if your computer is an oem build such as Dell etc, go to your computer manufactureres website for the drivers.

Ok well here you go

Model # from Start> run> dxdiag: KM400-8235
Model # from Everest: 02/16/2005-KM400-8235-6A6LYM4BC-00
Model Name from Everest: MSI KM3M-V (MS-7061)

This may be a little confusing. The Model # from dxdiag and Everest were the same in some parts, but the Everest one was longer. The first part of the Everest # is the date of something I'm guessing. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back