Help - The wierdest thing ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok! i ****ed with some stuff in the bios cuz im just pissed now and i can get past the error part! it loads all of the drivers and ect then says Starting up windows...(right before it gives u the options to repair/format) and i got a blue screen of death!

0x0000008e is the error code.

looking it up now...

Eraston

If I can suggest a few things….
  1. Remove all devices you don’t ABSOLUTELY require to have your computer running (maybe not for game playing but just prove it can run). So you remove the video card and any other cards you don’t need. And disconnect any external devices you don’t need (external drives, game mice vs. regular mice, etc.)
  2. Try booting into safe mode. (Don't recall if you tried that yet)
  3. Take advantage of the boot.ini file to modify startup and do some debugging
    How to edit the Boot.ini file in Windows XP
    Available switch options for the Windows XP and the Windows Server 2003 Boot.ini files

Don't know if i have these exactly right. refer to documentations
    /basevideo - force it to a basic video driver suitable for all adapters
    /bootlog /sos - have it create a bootlog on every startup to see what drivers are getting loaded and if success/fail loading
    / there's a way to indicate safe mode boot up as well​
Suggest try those first. Others things wouild really like to see if we can get that far
  • detailed component list of what;s in your computer (Everest HOme was mentioned before which does the job just fine)
  • Your Windows Event Log

im wondering if it could be the powersupply...on to my next Q...is there a specific PSU i need to buy or can i snag any? if so...how do i find out what kind i have

um right now the only thing i can aim for is getting the win XP cd to boot properly and formatt the drive because it isnt reading the drive at all since i formatted it on a new pc.

k well bad news...i formatted the HD on this pc and now when i put it on the other pc it doesnt read it correctly.

and when i formatted it on this PC when it finished it asked me for a user PW as if i had made one from the control panel, and then when i put anything or left it blank it told me the access or something didnt exist.

im now very upset i have an extra gig of ram i cannot use and if my motherboard is shot then im screwed cuz i cant afford a new one

i am also still getting the i386\N...... file cannot be opened.. the error code is 7...when i try to boot the windows xp home CD. (i checked its clean too!)

OK. I see this now.

- When you say you "formatted" HD on the PC, what kind of format are you doing???? and are you using tools (and which tools?) on the XP CP or elsewhere? am not quite following what kind of format you did which would correspond to the prompts you get now from hard drive
- don't recall if in the prev posts, but can you boot off of XP CD on the PC?

not sure if i understand u correctly but heres my go at the answer...

when i format i did the following...
Put the HD on my 2nd pc. > put the xp Cd in and booted with it> followed the options on there to format the partition.

then when i connect the HD to its original PC i get the cannot read error.

now when i load the winXP cd on the original PC i get the error i posted above, it also changed twice to 0x00000050 and once to something diffrent. (will post the other one in a minute paper is upstairs.)

im looking at the BIOS and i see an option to adjust the "Over Vcore voltage(i think)" it gives me these options Disabled/+3%/+6% would it hurt to try one?

wowowowowow i took a risk in anger and tried +3% anyways

and the CD BOOOOOOOOOTED its formatting now!

ill repost in a few if it locked up or if its still going.

if this works or not i wanna thank u all for ur help, i really appreciate it and i will defenetly be cming back to this site on a daily basis. this is my new spam home =]. (hehe jk)

ok newsssss i changed it to 6% since i figuered at this point if it ****ed anything up atleast the NEW error would be something diffrent to look at.

it formatted! its now installing the devices ect...but i see a colorful screen for once and not a black&white or blue death screen.

if i understand the option correctly its the power givin to the ram and the motherboard? maybe when i set everything as default thats something that needed to be upped from the get-go.

lets pray!

i'm not intimately familiar with raising vcore (which, yes, does raise voltage)

As i understand it can help in some ways BUT as you raise the voltage you also raise the HEAT generated so you also risk burning out components.

You might want to find the particulars on the motherboard, the memory and other onboard components and understand their limitations and specs wrt the voltage. If you currently have a warranty.... this could also void warranties, i would guess

btw...
Post your components as well when u find them. Would help alot to know them on this thread

ok im a spaz and dunno wut u mean by "components" help me find them if u can :p dunno where i would find that but with the voltage raised is the only way i get passed the error 7 wich Microsoft showed was either ram or bios and it aint the ram since its new (btw the old one works too so now im sittin on 2gb instead of 1 lol...) so it had to be something in the bios...and this is the only thing that lead me to victory.

ok im a spaz and dunno wut u mean by "components" help me find them if u can :p dunno where i would find that but with the voltage raised is the only way i get passed the error 7 wich Microsoft showed was either ram or bios and it aint the ram since its new (btw the old one works too so now im sittin on 2gb instead of 1 lol...) so it had to be something in the bios...and this is the only thing that lead me to victory.

"Components" = what makes up you system... or your system spec... the brand/model of each piece of your system.

Download this - http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Everest-Home-Edition-Download-16369.html (not a direct download link, but will take you to the dowload PAGE)

Run it, and post your results.

"...when i format i did the following...
Put the HD on my 2nd pc. > put the xp Cd in and booted with it> followed the options on there to format the partition.

then when i connect the HD to its original PC i get the cannot read error.

now when i load the winXP cd on the original PC i get the error i posted above, it also changed twice to 0x00000050 and once to something diffrent."

(Unless I missed something amongst all the messages) You cannot do what you described above without the automatic piracy alert to Microsoft Alert that believes you are duplicating a Windows install. Windows will automatically stop or stop running properly when you move the installation to another hard drive. Windows will detect that the power supply, motherboard, or other hardware configuration has changed. It will consider this as an attempt to pirate the Windows install.
Attempts to reinstall without removing the partition and installing a new first partition will also cloud the install issue... because Windows can detect the installation under the format... the install data from the previous install is still there and can be detected by the Windows install disc.

But you obviously may have other problems as well... bad hard drive, or bad motherboard.

I would once more run a full install where you delete the partition, setup and format a new first partition, then install Windows to it. This will work nearly 100 percent of the time if you do not have hardware problems elsewhere in your configuration.

Continue the setup as described, after carefully assuring that your BIOS setup is correct by pressing <DEL> as you press the <ON> switch.

k guys i formatted and the pc is working fine.

im posting with it now. i will post the results of that program in a bit.

new problem now...

when i hook my monitor to the onboard video card it works fine...although it sux *** for gaming...

now i took the PCI card off my 2nd pc and wanna use it on this and it works fine as a secondary card

but when i go to the BIOS and make PCI the primary card it wont boot past the Windows XP loading logo...it freezes...any ideas?

p.s. the card works fine as main on my other PC just not on this one.

plz and thanks to all the hepl.

is there anyway to make it the primary card from within windows? like after i loaded the PC fine?

thanks

OK.

Would recommend you stop where you are for a minute and do a couple things because it's still not clear what your hardware specific mfr/model info is about motherboard, video card, etc. Makes it harder to give any specific info.

Download Everest Home (provided in a prior link). But you need be selective or it dumps too huge a file to post. So do Report->Report Wizard. Then you can do a System Summary and maybe for some more specifics also do custom selections. Then ONLY check Computer, Motherboard and Display and then generate in plain text. Save the file and attach it (it must be < 100K)

adjust vcore voltageyou should try googling thatto understand the implications on how higher voltages generates higher temps and verify isn't a problem for your hardware or know you're running an unknown risk.

And personally, i'd shy away from that "free pc tool" download to try fix anything unless you have solid knowledge about it (it just smells like malware)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back