Bsod during games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptplaya65

Hey guys, new to the forum here, Having major problems with my newly upgraded PC. It started about a week ago when i installed new RAM 3gb's worth and a new video card (Sapphire X1650 PRO ATI 512mb AGP). Everytime i go to play a game like Counter-Strike Source the game loads of fine, but as soon as i get into a game i get BSOD with error x700000f . I've tried everything at this point. Memtest for 7 hours no errors. Switched ram spots. Updated video card drivers. update bios. pagefile thing I have no idea what to do.. Attached is the mini dumps

My System specs are:
Asus a7n8x2.0
Amd Athon XP 3200XP
3-1gb stick
ATI Sapphire x1650 pro 512 mb vid card AGP
power supply is 400 watt

Inside the 3 MiniDumps:
BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll

Have a read h e r e

Then install this one: KB900485
Then install this one: KB920872

Then restart
Then test

Still issues?
Update your Video Card and Sound Drivers

Still issues?
1.Uninstall steam, this should uninstall all your steam games.
2.Then re-install steam and log-in.
3.Through steam install the games u play by clicking my games and clicking on the game of you choice in steam and press install in the bottom right hand corner.

Still issues?
Maybe have another read h e r e

0x7F errors are quite wide Errors in terms of causes. Software, Hardware and Device Drivers are the causes.

1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0} seeing the "d" means it's a Hardware issue, It may be your Graphics card but not sure.

Could you try using a different Graphics Card if possible?
And testing the Games.

Ok im pulling my hair out now! I swapped my new ram for my old ram and now it's still giving m e BSOD during games!

Since it doesn't seem to be your RAM and the other Graphics Card didn't work, Try using your HDD Manufacturers Test for the HDD which is normally found on the Support or Download Section of their Website.

If the HDD passes then Try using Prime95 to test the CPU just run the test Small FFT's and lets say run it for 20 mins, it will automatically shut the Program down or list a Error if it finds 1 so try to keep an eye on it, you could run it for a Hour to make sure it is up yo you but no more than a Hour of testing with Prime95 is needed.

Prime95 - This corresponds to your Bit OS.
32bit OS Version - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103
64bit OS Version - http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Ran prime95 and chkdisk... no errors... Im lost for words hahah i already refromated and still no luck!!! do you think it culd be my Power supply? I checked the volts and they are good. Is there a certain test i can do/ my power supply was like 80 bucks and its only a few months old its 400 watt

I'm not very good with Power Supplies, but I think it might need to be about 500W but not sure so I wouldn't buy 1 yet.
I've got a feeling it may be your Motherboard is it possible to try any of your Hardware (RAM, CPU, Graphics Card) on another Motherboard.

No, if it was the motherboard wouldn't i get crashes all the time? I only get the BSOD as soon as the game starts.. For example i go to play CSS and as soon as the map loads BOOM BSOD... i really hope its not the powersupply because im strapped for cash right now! lol is there any test i could run or something.

Yes you have a point about the Motherboard, still got a hunch that it is but anyway about your PSU.

Do you know what Power your Graphics Card needs?

Oh I didn't think it would be that high, I wouldn't be surprised if that Graphics Card took 150W-200W underload it wouldn't leave much for the rest of your system to be powered, All the system would be working hard to process Data for your Game, CPU's would take around 50-100W so as you can see it may need more power than what the PSU can provide, I may have been right earlier about a 500W PSU.

A simple test for it would be to take the Graphics Card out then try running your Game on low settings the RAM and CPU will allow for the Missing Graphics Card.

If that Video Card needs less power than your current 1 then that probably rules out the Graphics Card and also because you used a different Graphics Card anyway and still had a problem.

I'm afraid your looking at either the PSU or Motherboard there isn't anything left to test, the HDD, CPU, RAM and Graphics Card already tested out ok.

At this point you need to test your Hardware on a different Motherboard like I said earlier, to see if we can rule out 1 or the other. If you can't get your hands on another Motherboard to test at least your Graphics Card and RAM, then we need to find another way to test 1 of the 2.

I'm just cautious about buying a New PSU for no reason... What Wattage would you recommend i was think a 500 Watt PSU...

Yep thats what I said earlier something around 500-550W, Yes I don't want you spending money unless we're 100% sure that its the PSU.

Either try the other Motherboard option I mentioned or try your PSU in another Comp if possible and see if it works or not.

I'm afraid that's all I can suggest till we find which 1 is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back