Bluescreen and boot up issues with Vista 32bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paaaulo

When I start my pc up sometimes it gets to boot from disk then just shows a blackscreen, or just shows a black screen from when I turn it on, once I got loads of white lines across the screen and today when I tryed turning it on I got a blue screen saying something about windows having an error, the computer shut itself down too fast for me to read it. If I manage to get to boot windows it says "windows had to shut down" or something then gives me the option to boot in safe mode, if I chose start windows normallyi just get a black screen, if I chose safe mode it loads up fine. Then if I restart from safe mode windows boots up normally fine.

Yesterday the pc shut itself down while I was playing music too, it has only shut itself down from windows once while playing music. I've ran a memory check useing the vista disk and my RAM has no errors. Is it possible my motherboard or graphics card is broken? The last things I installed where GeForce PhysX drivers, fraps and PC Probe II.

My mobo is a P5Q Deluxe and my graphics card is a 512mb 8800GT.

When I started in safemode it gave me some info about what happened, here it is:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C000001D
BCP2: 81C92ABF
BCP3: 8B56B268
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini082608-01.dmp
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-62806-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDD63.tmp.version.txt

I've had this PC about 2 weeks (built it myself) and ive had no problems till now, so im rather confused has started happening. Ive been defragging the hard drive every week too and as I said earlier I have checked my RAM (4gb corsair TwinX).
I'll upload a minidump (had to zip it as it was 30kb over the boards limit), and I will be grateful for any light you can shed on my problems.

Attachments

• Mini082608-01.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 5
Just got another blue screen, this time while playing Flatout:UC with winamp playing music in the background.

I've attached the minidump.

Attachments

• Mini082608-02.zip
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
The MiniDumps cite 2 different Drivers "aswMonFlt.sys" and "sptd.sys", the first is a Avast Anti-Virus Driver and the other a Daemon Tools Driver.

Quite a few have came up with this where Avast doesn't seem to like Daemon Tools, you need to choose to uninstall one of the Programs and use a Alternative.

I uninstalled Daemon Tools last night and everything was fine, then shortly after i started up my pc this morning i got a bluescreen again. It said this in the error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000D
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I've attached the minidump.

I made the previous post in safe mode, restarted to normal windows, and its bluescreened shortly after starting up. I havnt had any bluescreen from safe mode yet, so im hopeing this is a software problem, im going to try uninstalling avast. What good free anti-virus programs are out there?

I've also attached a minidump from this bluescreen.

Thanks im trying that now, i took out one of my ram sticks and that seems to have fixed the problem. Is it possible this could be completely unrelated and it is a software problem?

As i was bluescreening in safemode i dont think safemode would load up the daemon tools related drivers, so it could be my ram im thinking. Either way ill try removeing those drivers.

when i try and remove the SPTD from the registery it says "Cannot delete sptd: Error while deleteing key." ive change the permissions so i can delete it, im not sure why its stopping me.

It looks like it was a ram problem, with one of my sticks in the PC wont boot, with the other in it works fine.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back