Random reboots + minidump included

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLokix

My problem first started a few weeks ago , would randomly reboot , mainly in games , i just upgraded video card , so im already pretty certain that was the problem , now tonight my computer started getting pissy and kept rebooting every time id start up windows etc etc. well . Like i said , im pretty sure it was ATI drivers because i put my old video card back in (nvidia) and booted right up , all is well, Well here are some minidumps , would appreciate it if ya could check em out n get back to me with some sort of solution or the root of the problem, Thanks.
first three are from tonight , and the last one is from a few days ago , for comparison because that was when it was rebooting whilst in a game.
Ryan

Inside the 4 Minidumps
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf825595, b8aa9c54, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware ( win32k!MNFreeItem+2d )

BugCheck A, {1e0d37e, 2, 0, 804e11d2}
Probably caused by : NDIS.sys ( NDIS!ndisGlobalLock+3 )

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, 804e138e}
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt!KeWaitForMutexObject+ec )

BugCheck 1000008E, {c000001d, e36c3780, b805388c, 0}
Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+11a5c8 )

Please run Memtest on your Ram
And confirm all your Manufacture drivers are up to date

Also EQgame (one of the crashes referred to) confirm in option.exe (should be in the EQ program folder) that the screen is set to 800x600

Alright, Apreciate your time , i knew it was the ATI ! No sense in running memtest or anything , i changed back to nvidia card and my pc booted and stopped bsod... Im going to work on finding a solution to this problem , i discovered a post from a while back about someone having that same "ati3duag.dll" problem in everquest, his specs were almost identical to mine also , can check out that thread i just replyed on it. Seems that he fixed his game problem by using driver cleaner, and installing some "omega ati drivers" dunno but its worth a shot, i believe the recent problem starting windows was due to that "ati3duag.dll" problem but that happened in lord of the rings online , funny thing was system froze and did not blue screen that time , so it caused all sorts of chaos....

Well , you see the only problem is , is that that thread is only related to my problem , im not running sp2, and also , there are no stated sound errors either. So im still stuck at the "ati3duag.dll" file ... am going to clean drivers and try omega drivers one guy had mentioned on another thread

this sucks =/ so far , ive read and read , still no true solution to the problem , im going to try omega drivers i guess , its possible that maybee the culprit isnt exactly the driver iteself, maybee its the CCC =) will try and get back to you on that one.

Muahahaha , Keep this in mind , i cleaned drivers . Shut down , popped the ATI back in , Installed omega drivers w/o CCC and played for a bit , no BSOD/Reboot. Seems that maybee its not the omega drivers that is the fix , Im putting my money on red ! (Catalyst control center).

i hear ya , however i believe that CCC is responsible for the ati3duag.dll error everyone is getting , CCC is most likely conflicting with system drivers. No tellin with these updated versions they are coming out with nowa days . ati has never really been one to flaunt stability =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back