Wireless laptop randomly goes offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

uch

hi guys i m new here. is this section used for problems with the internet n wireless? coz i need help big time

While I might not be the one who can solve your problem, I can tell you that this is the right forum for that type of question.

ok then let me explain my problem.

My wirless laptop randomly stops working and goes offline. I have the wireless swtich on but accorinding to windows Visa its off..to make it work i just simply turn the switch off anf on and it works but it is very irritating ( i would like to add that my 'switch' is actually a Fn+f10 command on the keyboard)

It used to go offline ususally when i was opening alot of webpages together. Once i was doing it on firefox and it went offline. I tried to do the same on google chrome and it worked..I tried to load the pages on Firefox again and it went offline..i did this 2-3 times and figured something was wrong with my firefox.

but now sometimes i am doing nothing at all! and it goes offline..(rare)...usually nowadays when the computer sleep and i wake it, its off., (which is not an issue) but like since a few days... it usually disconnects when i am in a voice conversation on msn messenger or when i am making calls with my VOIP(something like skype)
ive heard skype has this problem of making come computers disconnect. I deleted this software and downloaded another one...

But as u see there are various scenarios where this happens i am not sure.plz help

I would like to add that i am also getting an occasional blue screen nowadays due to bad memory allocation..(i am tyring to fix that too)...ram might effect the wireless adaptor i guess

Ok i used the event viewer and i think the problem is with the DHCP client...accordinf to the informaiton:
'' your computer was not able to renew its address from the internet (from the DHCP server) for the network card with network address 001644B22073. The following error occured: The operation was cancelled by the user. your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its' own from the network address (DHCP) server

plzzzzzz help

Try going to the laptop manufacturer's website, download and install the latest network card driver and see it that clears it up. Before you install it go to System Restore and manually establish a restore point just in case things go awry.

Ok guys, i have checked the Event viewer in Vista and found out that the problem is with the DHCP client.

the error reads '' your computer was not able to renew its address from the network from the (from the DHCP server) for the network card with network address 001644B22073. The following error occured:
the operation was cancelled by the user. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

i tried to solve this with the suggesitons by Mircosoft...didnt help...

Note: whenever the DHCP client problem occurs, there has been some problem just a few second before that (according to event viewer)

one of the most common is Kernel-processor-power. the error read '' the speed of the processor0 is being limited by the system framework. the processor has been in this reduced performance state for 6 seconds since the last report''

another common error is called time service and the error reads '' Ntp client was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of the DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. Ntp client will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. the error was : No such host is known (0x80072AF9)

can this help?

It's your wireless router that is dropping connection. This is more common with some brands than others. See if there is a firmware upgrade available for it. What brand of router are you using?

hi, i have a netgear router and my network adaptor is realtek rtl 8187b

also plz note, my bro uses his laptop on the same network and his is fine

plz plz plz, no one has the solution for this !! i am going to format my computer and reinstall my vista

I had the same problem with my laptop wireless connection once, i couldnt connect to my wireless or to my router which is LINKYS, well this happens after upgrading my HOME BASIC to HOME PREMIUM. All i did is redo it again, but i have to download the driver from the microsoft site first. I had to use a USB driver and download the connection with the password phrase in it then connect to USB driver to my laptop then pit it back to the desktop as it directs you what to do and it works. If u dont have a problem with the driver, then just redo your wireless connection.I hope this helps.

What is the make and model of your laptop?
What Operating System and Service Pack are you running? (XP SP1 ??)

i ahve an E-system laptop. A british brand and i am runnin vista 32 bit. No sp1. tried to upgrade, SP1 doesnt install and heard it just creates more problems anyway. plz help on this ive tried eerything, nothing works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back