IE won't start !

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencer22l

I use IE8 and it worked fine until yesterday night.
When I double click on desktop nothing happens.
So I go to start and open IE8 from there but it doesn't open but gives me these 2 errors : (first top one, after I click ok, the second one)
attachment.php

I've deleted and re installed it but still the same thing..
What should I do??

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 20
Hi spencer221

Try reverting back to IE 7 and see if that's still working? If that works, then we know it's just IE 8 that's the problem. If that doesn't work, then something's gone wrong with your Windows files.

Spyder_1386 :)

Hi spencer221

Try reverting back to IE 7 and see if that's still working? If that works, then we know it's just IE 8 that's the problem. If that doesn't work, then something's gone wrong with your Windows files.

Thanks!
I downgraded to IE7 again and now it works fine!
Phew~ :)

hey again spencer221

IE8 only just released the final version. It's always a good idea to wait for a while before upgrading so that the developers have time to sort out bugs experienced by other users. No need to switch to something if there's no real need for it.

My 2 cents..yet again...ditch IE...

Firefox and Opera are both better options...or maybe if you are adventurous, Safari.

All trump IE in my opinion...

And IE may be getting better, SO WHAT?, for me it's not a matter of what is best NOW, it is how I've been treated on this long and winding road of browser wars...Microsoft has been jerking my chain long enough.

Though, FF needs definite improvement in it's various implementations, namely for me: plugin prowess: FF2 was slightly better, had less annoyances that were a simple easy-cheesy fix. FF3 is better in some arenas, but has taken a back-step in terms of being SIMPLE.

Funny... My IE is not working again...
same problem, it worked fine until now and suddenly I got an
email through MSN because a new post and it's same thing again..
Don't know what's wrong..

And I need IE because some important things I do require
ActiveX of IE and compatibility but I usually use Chrome like now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back