My internal & external burner are giving me error message G&F:\is not accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post. I read through the post labeled :.....D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. and did everything people suggested there but I am still having the same problem except mine is a little different. I don't know if it is a hardware or software or driver or what the problem is.....

My external and internal burner have error
G (burner in the computer) & F (external burner) :\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. My other internal player works though. It plays music but I can't view pictures.
I have an external burner hooked up thru a USB port and I have a cd/dvd burner on my computer. Both drives are giving my the same error message...I don't know what to do.

I have tried different usb ports...plugged the external burner into 4 different ones.
I tried buying a different usb cord for the burner...nope
I have tried different cds and dvds..different brands and types.
I have tried: support.....microsoft.com...fixit website which helped a lot. I couldn't even play music until I used that website. Now I can at least play music I just can't burn anything. (btw. that website is awesome for a lot of things).
I have tried unistalling Roxio because someone said that might be my problem. (Nope)
I have tried updating my drivers.
I have tried going to device manager and seeing if there is any exclamation points but they say everything is working properly......lol!!

I don't know what else to do or what the problem could be because it is happening on both and internal and external burner. I thought I might have to replace my internal burner but now I don't think that is the problem at all.

BTW I have a Sony Vaio PCV-2222 with a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD R5002 and a Samsung CD-Rom SC-140C. And I have been to all three of their websites looking for driver updates or firmware or something to help and have downloaded everything they had and nothing has fixed my problem. I am running XP Pro.

I am completely out of ideas......
Please help me. I really don't have the money to spend and get my computer fixed and I don't think that would fix it because it is having trouble with the external one too.
Any help would be sooooo appreciated!!
Thank you in advance!!

See [post=815753]CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters[/post] to see if it might help

Thank you!!!

OMG Thank you so so much!! That worked.....I had been at this for days.....

You are awesome and so is this site. I am really glad I found it. I bet I will be on it a lot.

Best wishes,

Tina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back