Getting BSOD while playing World of Warcraft

metzmn211

I have been playing the game for awhile now and just started getting these BSOD's. Before I can even get onto my character it freezes, blue screen, memory dump, restart computer.
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Dell Optiplex GX520
Intel(R)
Pentium(r) 4CPU 3.00GHz
2.99GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM

Please Help I honestly do not know what to do and I dont know that much about computers

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Okay here they are and thank you for replying and trying to help

Attachments

• Mini101910-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 4
  • Mini032806-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini041006-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini061409-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini081109-01.dmp
    64 KB · Views: 2
Hey, no problem. It is the zipping of each and every one that is the pain. Two things:

First, your minidumps show you have Service Pack 2 installed and yet you list that you have SP 3 installed. Which is the correct one and how old are these dumps.

Second, as per your first two dumps and the most important at this point, your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Alright thank you will be replying soon

Lol how do i burn a cd and how do i get the software lmao im computer illiterate :(

I'm going to bed because I have a final tomorrow lol and this stuff is just annoying me with this BSOD stuff. I honestly do not know how to burn a cd or locate and test each stick of ram.....If you could please explain that would be awesome. Sorry that I am computer retarded :(

Download the Memtest file to your desktop. Place a blank CD in the CD/DVD drive. Double click the memtest file and Windows should pop up asking you if you want to burn this file to the disk.

Burn it. Then reboot with disk in the CD drive. The test will take over. Just let it run. It is safe to do so. Did you check out that link?

Route 44 thank you a lot for all the help.... my CPU is pushing 9 years anyways and am going to get a new one this weekend anyways....... thank you very much for all your help and have a good one :)

9 years! You certainly got your moneys worth! What kind are you looking at and if you don't mind me asking what is your budget?

Lol route 44 if your still there your going to love this.......I updated everything i could.....except the video driver itself which was last updated 5 years ago -.- witht he new patches that came out just that specific character got into a very detalied envirorment and the very old update on the video driver couldnt handle it....im installing a more recent one but i need to install a openwatcom 17.a or newer but it seems really difficult to instal..... any help on installing openwatcom????

I dont know how to??? the site that i am supposed to go there just has a bunch of files there and i dont know how to manually set them up if you know what i mean

mine is doing the same thing, i am running a dell latitude d620. i dont know if im getting it because of a low memory issue (cause its a laptop), or what.... the bsod only appears when im playing WoW. i dont know if its a memory issue or an instalation issue. please help me route 44

mine is doing the same thing, i am running a dell latitude d620. i dont know if im getting it because of a low memory issue (cause its a laptop), or what.... the bsod only appears when im playing WoW. i dont know if its a memory issue or an instalation issue. please help me route 44

thecrottykid, kindly start your own thread (this one belonged to metzmn211) and do the following:

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

* I'll read them for you. :)

Back