Linksys BEFSR41 connectivity issue resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off hello to everyone. I am new here and would like to share my expertise in any way I can, hope what I have to share is helpful to some of you.

I know the BEFSR41 is getting a little outdated but it is still being sold and supported despite the move to wireless by the vast majority of the buying public. In my circumstance a wired LAN is much more reliable and I just still can't get comfortable with the idea of my bits floating around, encrypted or not :) I guess I am getting old and slow to adopt new technology, heck I still have a P2 233 as my DNS server and I am using a dual p3 1000 for my everyday computer.

Anyway I had some issues with the BEFSR41 recently and I set up a web page outlining what I found. There are lots of pictures so it may be a little slow to load but it is woth the effort I assure you.

http://www.dondoucette.com/befsr41/

Try it now...

Here ya go.

Didn't think there was much interest in that old link.
I have put it back up.
dondoucette.com/befsr41/

Thank you pigdog, I am experiencing a problem with my linksys befsr41 version 4. Before reporting my issue, I wanted to read old issues. I hope that will help, thanx.

That's a really interesting link pigdog - good job tracking that down.

That bulging cap looks mighty familiar. As a tech I've seen too many of those around in the couple of years.

I am still using this router today and it is working flawlessly.
And with all the WEP hacking going on it is nice to know my network is all hard wired. :knock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back