Newegg Named 'Best Place To Buy Online' by Computer Shopper Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
LOS ANGELES -- Jan. 27, 2005 -- Computer Shopper readers have voted in overwhelming support of Newegg.com in the Shoppers' Choice Awards 2005. Newegg.com, (http://www.newegg.com) an online computer and consumer electronic e-commerce company, was chosen as the "Best Place to Buy Online."

For the second year in a row, Newegg.com was voted "Best Place to Buy"
Online, for Core Components and Software. Newegg also took top honors for "Best Place to Buy" for Peripherals. The company took runner-up in the Desktops, Notebooks, Consumer Electronics and Service and Support categories. Results will be published in the February 2006 edition of Computer Shopper.

"Computer Shopper Magazine's Shoppers' Choice awards recognize companies that provide buyers with superior service and technology as well as optimum value," said Janice Chen, Editor in Chief of Computer Shopper. "Winning this award is a true honor since it is the Computer Shopper readers themselves -- the most tech-savvy and demanding buyers in the marketplace -- who select the companies and products as best in their class."

For the " Best Place to Buy Online" award, Computer Shopper reports, "Offering substantially more selections than any brick-and mortar store could ever hold, Newegg.com trounces the competition with competitive pricing, excellent service, and first-rate delivery options. The site also posts extensive feedback on the products it stocks from its legion of customers. What more could you ask for in an online seller?"

"The buzz around the Newegg.com offices is fantastic, and we're extremely grateful to receive this award from those we work hardest for... our customers" Howard Tong, Vice President of Newegg.com, said. "We are enormously appreciative of Computer Shopper's multiple distinctions. Going forward, we've recently launched some exciting improvements to our payment and product search capabilities and will continue to strive for perfection in 2006."

For the past 20 years, Computer Shopper readers have participated in the magazine's annual Shoppers' Choice Awards. The awards serve as a referendum among the magazines readers of the year's best products, services and places to purchase technology. Computer Shopper is a property of CNET Networks, Inc. http://www.computershopper.com.

Congratulations to them. They are one of the few truly customer oriented companies out there. They do a great job with customer support, and offer great products. Kinda hard to beat in my opinion.

Yowzah!!

poertner_1274 said:
Congratulations to them. They are one of the few truly customer oriented companies out there. They do a great job with customer support, and offer great products. Kinda hard to beat in my opinion.

I agree 330%! Though you can occasionally find items cheaper by googling, their customer service CANNOT be beat! They are prompt, courteous, helpful. and courteous. (I know, but that is so rare in customer service these days, I had to say it twice. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back