XP crashes when playing games(Civilisation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The failure is always IRQ Less Than. It only happens when playing games - memory check reports no problems. I have attached the last 2 minidumps. I have updated the obvious drivers I wonder if anyone can point at the problem.
Thanx John

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Both minidumps crash at USBPORT.SYS and have a bugcheck of D1.

I cannot be sure from just 2 minidumps, but it may be a problem with one of your usb devices.

On the other hand it could be something else entirely.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Further dumps

If I remember correctly the majority point at the USB port although not all of them. Here are a further 5. I have been running with verifier on which stops the dumps but the game crashes (can go for hours without a crash and sometimes it fails a second time within 10 minutes) with a send microsoft error information but this does not achieve anything. I don't usually have any USB devices active when I am playing.
Cheers John
P.S. I am physically handicapped and find it impossible to access boards etc. I rely on onsite maitenance agreements but it is not the sort of problem you can demonstrate to an engineer.

Update your drivers, including your chipset drivers.

Look for any Windows updates as well.

Did you do the tests in the link I gave you? If you can`t do them yourself, you need to get someone to do them for you.

As far as I can tell, it looks like a ram problem at this stage. Although I`m not 100% sure.

Regards Howard :)

Hi,

I believe that the culprit is faulty motherboard as one of the minidump has CPU_CALL_ERROR and POSSIBLE_INVALID_CONTROL_TRANSFER. Replace the motherboard will fix the blue screen problem.

Mini012806-01.dmp
BugCheck 100000D1, {6d6dd0, 1c, 8, 6d6dd0}
Probably caused by : hardware

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME: hardware
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
BUCKET_ID: CPU_CALL_ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back