D620 bios ( mx25L8005 ) content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All

This is my firs post on this group.
Need bios flash content ( mx25L8005 ) of Dell D620 laptop.
How to disable password lock, not used procedure generate master password from service tag ?

THX

The Dell D620 is probably the toughest of all computers to deal with when you have a BIOS or a password problem. I doubt you will have much luck, unless you know somebody who can program EEPROMS... Service Tag can be fixed if you do a Google search, but that won't help you if the board is password protected.

Eeprom and flash programming not problem it's possible on my workshop.
Need info where is service tag stored on bios map in serial flash 25L8005 , or or in other IC chip on board ?
Usually on new devices eeprom ara is emulated on flash( there is bios too) , but on this dell i not see typical symptoms for eep area emulated in flash.

Sorry for my bad english.

Elektronix said:
Eeprom and flash programming not problem it's possible on my workshop.
Need info where is service tag stored on bios map in serial flash 25L8005 , or or in other IC chip on board ?
Usually on new devices eeprom ara is emulated on flash( there is bios too) , but on this dell i not see typical symptoms for eep area emulated in flash.

Sorry for my bad english.

Allredy read and program 25L8005 password not stored in there only bios some one told me to find 24u05 ou 25u04 but i give laptop to custmer

the admin password is stored into the KBC flash memory. you can read it if you have a suitable programmator.

D620

Where is this kbc flash , can you send me photo, or i send to you phot and you type for me this IC.
What is name KBC IC ?

KBC stands for Keyboard Controller. This info isn't much help, because the number of people in the tech repair or Dell repair business who can read the code are few indeed. The system used provides KBC data and a KBC flash utility to be combined and embedded into a basic input/output system read-only memory (BIOS ROM). It is not like reading a regular 8 digit password. Your BIOS checks the versions of the KBC data embedded in the BIOS ROM and the KBC in the system. This information is basically useless for most visitors to this forum, but should you know somebody who has the equipment, and the time, and the interest, they can provide you with the probable password so you can enter it yourself next time. If the version of the embedded KBC is newer than the version of the KBC in the system, the KBC flashing process is performed during a POST of the system.
Reading the code is "easy" for the person who is trained. Finding the trained person is still the difficult part.

raybay said:
KBC stands for Keyboard Controller. This info isn't much help, because the number of people in the tech repair or Dell repair business who can read the code are few indeed. The system used provides KBC data and a KBC flash utility to be combined and embedded into a basic input/output system read-only memory (BIOS ROM). It is not like reading a regular 8 digit password. Your BIOS checks the versions of the KBC data embedded in the BIOS ROM and the KBC in the system. This information is basically useless for most visitors to this forum, but should you know somebody who has the equipment, and the time, and the interest, they can provide you with the probable password so you can enter it yourself next time. If the version of the embedded KBC is newer than the version of the KBC in the system, the KBC flashing process is performed during a POST of the system.
Reading the code is "easy" for the person who is trained. Finding the trained person is still the difficult part.

Tell here i can find KBC and i will read

Are you an EEPROM programmer? It is not in standard English. If you are not trained in this controller code, you probably cannot access it to read it. If you are trained, you should already know where to find it.

It remains the policy of TechSpot to not allow forum members to participate in projects of possible piracy. That rule may apply here, but you will need to discuss it with one of the moderators.

what piracy? the SMSC-controller is standalone RISC processor. you can use it for various purposes. And the datasheet for it's free to download. in this datashet you can find the programming timings and so on. so you can read it via i2c bus if you can build a own programmer.

Maybe. Maybe not. There is the argument about enabling access to a stolen computer or stolen data. There is a legal way through Dell.
It is not a simple matter of building your own programmer. From your description, I would be surpised if you could do it.

helo a lost my bios password for dell latitude d620 please help
service tag :GQ6ZG2J
express service code:364-123-694-35
thanks for help mail email removed

helo please help

helo a lost my bios password for dell latitude d620 please help
service tag :GQ6ZG2J
express service code:364-123-694-35
thanks for help mail email removed
i find e chip mx 25l8005m2c but Icant read it please datasheet for reading and programming bios.thanks.

Also maybe somebody will help me?
the same problem dell d 620
j2ydg2j -595b

Express service code 415-375-310-35

mx15-g 25L8005m2C chip inside

PLEASE HELP ME!

Also maybe somebody will help me?
the same problem dell d 620
j2ydg2j -595b

Express service code 415-375-310-35

mx15-g 25L8005m2C chip inside

PLEASE HELP ME!

Great Thanks for help....
i still can't post my e-mail...plesea give me a link to information or any other help.

help

have bios lock on dell d620 and not sure if the shorting pins method would work here, and where is that chip located on the board?
Thanks

Xps M1710

also have XPS M1710
all the manuals shows that M1700 has the security chip next to the RAM where can short it during the boot. but none knows where is the security chip in XPS M1710!!!!!

any idea and which pins applies here?

Thanks

this chip is below PCI slot of your laptop also below big black sticker paper... it have 8 pins on chip should be name like this mx15-g 25L8005m2C
....i'm also looking for information how to deal with this pins...If somebody knows please help us!
Thank you!

Flomaster said:
this chip is below PCI slot of your laptop also below big black sticker paper... it have 8 pins on chip should be name like this mx15-g 25L8005m2C
....i'm also looking for information how to deal with this pins...If somebody knows please help us!
Thank you!

Thanks this is a great help i appreciate it. is this info for M1710 model or D620 as i have two??
now we need a help about how to deal with it.

the "shorting method" on serial flash chip is useless. don't waste your time, guys. the password is stored in the keyboard controller chip.

so

lamo said:
the "shorting method" on serial flash chip is useless. don't waste your time, guys. the password is stored in the keyboard controller chip.

where is this chip? what's the name appear on it? how can we clear the password there?

specifically talking about 2 modles here: D620 and XPS M1710

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back